First Gaera battle help?

Radiant46

I've been stuck on the first Gaera battle (in the wispy tower lab) for a while now. I already got through the giratina, so that's not a problem. Here's my current team and some potential alternates.

image.png.ad95a719479ab0635a3a79715e01194b.pngimage.png.864c397ed194ca204061601851a8b032.png

All the alternates are level 30 with the exception of solrock (20), throh (25), and snorunt (35). everything on my team is level 35 except the sunflora (level 30). any tips or even ideal grinding spots would be a big help.

You can evolve the Marshstomp with a rare candy then use a common candy to lower it again. You can grind at any of the breeder trainers in the region, the highest level one you have access to is in Sheriden. Unfortunately, the one with three Audino's in Goldenleaf does not open up until after this battle.

Edit: If you got the gift sewaddle in goldenleaf cave, you can use that to sticky web his team, which will be a BIG help. 

Which difficulty are you on? A Pokemon with Moxie like Mightyena and a Pokemon who can take hits like Hariyama can do well here regardless, but you’ll need something for the Morgrem and the Clefairy/Clefable especially because they counter both of them.

I tend to leave the Persian for last.

Edited by Eranana

• 2 weeks later...