Game Freak's counter to PokeGen?

AveMatic

I just peep on serebii for a minute to read any updates about X and Y, when I stumbled upon the meaning behind the little blue star-thingy that is on your Pokémon. Apparently its a proof of authenticity stating that this Pokémon was obtained in-game or through an event and any Pokémon without a star is a hacked Mon. Does this mean that its over for PokeGen and PokeSav or do you think players will find another way to get their old teams through the Pokémon Box?

Well, Nintendo seem pretty confidant that they can stop is this time around. Maybe because instead of going from game to game they're instead going to the cloud first, where they might run different hacking detectors. Regardless, gen IV mons can't be hacked with pokesav.

Well, Nintendo seem pretty confidant that they can stop is this time around. Maybe because instead of going from game to game they're instead going to the cloud first, where they might run different hacking detectors. Regardless, gen IV mons can't be hacked with pokesav.

Mmmm..... This is true, they obviously know about these programs and have probably tested them during the development process of Pokebank. Then again, if your making a Pokémon look legit as can be (putting the correct encounter location, all reasonably correct numbers, etc.) then maybe it won't pick it up. I'm more concerned about any possible punishments or penalties that may or may not come with sending an illegal mon to the cloud. As far as I can tell it will still send the Pokémon through, the pokemon just may not be usable...

Nintendo have said that hacked mons can't be transferred. The last Wifi tourny banned you from Wifi if you tried to use hacked mons in it. Also, Serebii have updated with info saying that Mons from Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 don't get the mark and can't be used online. WHELP.

Edited by Secundum

Nintendo have said that hacked mons can't be transferred. The last Wifi tourny banned you from Wifi if you tried to use hacked mons in it. Also, Serebii have updated with info saying that Mons from Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 don't get the mark and can't be used online. WHELP.

It also says that there may be other marks for Pokémon from B/W, B/W2 could possibly have other marks. But I guess we'll just have to wait until next month to get the ins and outs :|

If they ban my now 10 year old swampert from going to gen 6 to beat the next 8 leaders I am going to qq so hard.

My first sapphire copy was a swampert which I have imported to all games and it has beaten every gym leader in every gen (or gen remakes)

it's something I would like to keep with me for all time

If they ban my now 10 year old swampert from going to gen 6 to beat the next 8 leaders I am going to qq so hard.

My first sapphire copy was a swampert which I have imported to all games and it has beaten every gym leader in every gen (or gen remakes)

it's something I would like to keep with me for all time

This^ I have an Absol that I'd HATE to see banned from the new games just cause its from Gen 3. It's champion of every league thus far, and it dam well better be getting champ of Kalos come Cloud Bank time.

so my contrary hydreigon won't be usable? :(

On topic, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to ban every pokemon that isn't Gen VI from wifi play, but they're obviously putting their foot down against hacked pokemon; I wouldn't be surprised if pokebank checked all the details of a pokemon before they got sent over.

Mmmmm.... Now that I think about it I might need a physical copy of some of the older games :( I stopped playing on the console because I was beginning to outgrow the series and didn't see a point in getting a DS for gens 4 and 5. But now that I'm back into it....

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that Gamefreak is gonna ban all that born from the glorious Pokegen.

Who cares about Wifi tournaments anyways?

Most people play with their friends (or subs if they are a poketuber)

Gamefreak is just trying to flaunt their power because they have nothing better to do.

Honestly, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Couldn't you just hack in two pokemon with perfect IVs, then breed them?

I was thinking the same thing. Sure, the offspring would have only 3 perfect IVs, but it would be legit and would make it easier to breed another perfect one once it's transferred into X/Y.

Meh, the only way it'll affect me is whether I can or can't get Arceus registered on my X/Y dex

Very much agreed. I want an arceus in this game! (and all of mine are hacked, so far i havent been able to get a legit one.)

What about legendaries? They cant breed. GameFreak is basically banning all legendaries but articumo, moltres, and zapdos from competitive play.

Couldn't you just hack in two pokemon with perfect IVs, then breed them?

Exactly what I did in Gen5

Edited by grasssnake485

• 2 weeks later...