6SS1- Determining Shiny Alterations

Amethyst

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! :D A question though, why not the sun-tailed one? Is it because of the mostly black color scheme? I know I was iffy about it for that reason...

Yeah too many black shinies already if you ask me

I liked the snow one as well as the suntailed. If I may, it might help a bit if you lighten the pink on the snow monkey; its a tad too dark in contrast with the lighter color. Just my opinion though! Otherwise, awesome work.

I'll have a look for another species for Simisage then. Maybe something with a more interesting color palette.

I tried out making the pink lighter pink on the snow monkey, but it wound up looking not exactly like a snow monkey. :P The colors are rather clashing on the animal itself if you ask me. Anyway, thank you!

EDIT: Attempt #2

516s_zpsumezaaag.png

I made the Japanese macaque's fur a bit darker, to contrast better with

512s_zps6tinyxrp.png

Southern Plains Gray Langur.

Whaddya think? It's still partly black, but I like it better for the white fur.

Edited by roqi

I'll have a look for another species for Simisage then. Maybe something with a more interesting color palette.

I tried out making the pink lighter pink on the snow monkey, but it wound up looking not exactly like a snow monkey. :P The colors are rather clashing on the animal itself if you ask me. Anyway, thank you!

EDIT: Attempt #2

516s_zpsumezaaag.png

I made the Japanese macaque's fur a bit darker, to contrast better with

512s_zps6tinyxrp.png

Southern Plains Gray Langur.

Whaddya think? It's still partly black, but I like it better for the white fur.

Sure, any time! In fact, I think I actually like the snow monkey either way. It has a very interesting color scheme, so up to you which you'd like to use! I also like your new Simisage; again interesting color scheme! Great job :D

edit: Looked at the picture you linked to the Southern Plains Gray Langur. Just an idea, but what if you colored Simisage's stomach area the white color the rest of his fur is to match the picture more? Either way looks awesome!

Edited by Serythe

Thank you again, I'm very glad you like them. Simisage's belly is black because it's an area that has no fur, and its skin is black. In the original sprite, it was yellow like its face. :) I could change it, but then the blue belly on Simisear doesn't make sense... it's a matter of compromise between the animal's look and the Pokemon's design, I guess.

Thank you again, I'm very glad you like them. Simisage's belly is black because it's an area that has no fur, and its skin is black. In the original sprite, it was yellow like its face. :) I could change it, but then the blue belly on Simisear doesn't make sense... it's a matter of compromise between the animal's look and the Pokemon's design, I guess.

Either way Simisage looks awesome, imo. I understand what you mean lol, it would make more sense to follow the animal's look when possible while also keeping in mind the pokemon's design. Sounds difficult to do, but you've pulled it off so far! As always keep up the great work :D

Ssso, apparently according to Bulbapedia, Mienshao's fur sleeves are based on Chinese Opera costumes. How about recoloring it to match such a costume? Googling pictures brings all too many gorgeous ones. Maybe even one of those pretty masks? With that, my concern would be it ending up looking like a Luchador, but that may not be a bad thing. :P

Edited by roqi

I had captured a shiny Arbok, but I wasn't satisfied with it's looks. So I made a new one. Made Ekans to match as well.

4QrL0PR.pngF1ZV4lv.pngaWAgTL5.pngqq9hr98.png

I like that one much better than the current one, but the bright blue tongue seems a bit off to me.

I like that one much better than the current one, but the bright blue tongue seems a bit off to me.

Thanks. Although I now notice that the arcs on the back of it's head are a bit to small. I'll fix that later. When I do so, I might tone down the blue tongue a little bit as well.

Ssso, apparently according to Bulbapedia, Mienshao's fur sleeves are based on Chinese Opera costumes. How about recoloring it to match such a costume? Googling pictures brings all too many gorgeous ones. Maybe even one of those pretty masks? With that, my concern would be it ending up looking like a Luchador, but that may not be a bad thing. :P

This seems like a great idea lol. Can't wait to see the end result. I might possibly make one myself, who knows.

Fennekin looks awesome.

------

shiny sandile evolution line

colours used from the shiny electivire sprite credit to whoever made the shiny electivire sprite.

Looks great so far! Maybe if I could make a suggetion; what if you toned down the light blue just a bit (either by reducing saturation or maybe even the brightness) and maybe take the saturation down on the darker blue a tad. The contrast is kinda strong between the two blues. Of course this is just my opinion, but either way I'm sure it'll look fine. you did a great job!

I made a Bacon-colored shiny Tepig sprite:

09axLEM.png1zvZdHL.png

Is this something worthwhile? Should i do the evolutions too?

EDIT: Here's the others. Emboar was quite hard to do, as it had a lot of features that were difficult to "baconise" properly:

zX1buhG.pngAIBJ1tq.png

hvjMdMW.pngl5z1HOd.png

Edited by Nova

I made a Bacon-colored shiny Tepig sprite:

09axLEM.png1zvZdHL.png

Is this something worthwhile? Should i do the evolutions too?

EDIT: Here's the others. Emboar was quite hard to do, as it had a lot of features that were difficult to "baconise" properly:

zX1buhG.pngAIBJ1tq.png

hvjMdMW.pngl5z1HOd.png

I Like it. Too bad the original shiny colors make Emboar look like Ganon, which means that almost nothing can trump those.