6SS1- Determining Shiny Alterations

Amethyst

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serperior (I hope grassnake likes it)

3ru8n4.jpg :Kappa:

Was that even necessary? It just makes you look bad.

Then again, editing people's things without their permission doesn't look so great either...

WIP, those PIXELS OF MONSTROSITY! All i need to do now is the W on the belt.

TONS OF PIXELS!

Was that even necessary? It just makes you look bad.

Then again, editing people's things without their permission doesn't look so great either...

It's for the greater goooood. jk

K i thought that the belts with the letters wouldn't look good at all with less pixels, so I drew an alternative knot on the belts (which also look a bit more martial-art-ish), instead of those badges. Idk It would be up to everyone/Ame to choose which version will be final. I'd just be happy to see the stuff I did make it to the game.

I'll work on the backs and hope the squirtle line will be finally done.

post-45735-0-22668100-1388960164_thumb.png post-45735-0-88084800-1388960165_thumb.png

Btw Grass, thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate it :3

EDIT: Back Sprites Done

post-45735-0-39455700-1388965157_thumb.png

post-45735-0-09218100-1388964894_thumb.png

Edited by maturekpo

• Administrators

That's correct, although this thread is mainly for ideas anyway (granted I've been less than prompt with updating the first post).

Because I want to be sure that everything is done in proper quality, I will be making a separate thread for applying actual changes.

Naturally, making example graphics is nice for showing ideas anyway.

Saw this topic and became really interested. I think it's kinda awesome how this game is starting to be made by a community of players rather than just an individual or a small team. Well anyways, this was my attempt at Bulbasaur. I know the suggested theme is the Mewtwo clone but I don't think the difference is very noticeable, especially on a sprite, plus it'd be hard to show.

Yes, i screwed up the eyes :unsure: And also it kinda looks like it has a greenish tint here. I dunno why .

post-45809-0-72268700-1389051216.jpg

So not awful for a first attempt I guess

Saw this topic and became really interested. I think it's kinda awesome how this game is starting to be made by a community of players rather than just an individual or a small team. Well anyways, this was my attempt at Bulbasaur. I know the suggested theme is the Mewtwo clone but I don't think the difference is very noticeable, especially on a sprite, plus it'd be hard to show.

Yes, i screwed up the eyes :unsure: And also it kinda looks like it has a greenish tint here. I dunno why .

attachicon.gifBulbasaur.jpg

So not awful for a first attempt I guess

Need any help fixing?

Need any help fixing?

It's just an idea, wanted to see what people think. Feel free to fix it if you want

On a separate note, did the sprites update real-time somehow? I am relatively new and started on Episode 10, and my shiny Vulpix used to be gold, but now the sprite changed to the updated gray one I saw earlier, and I never updated the game in any way...

Edited by CruelCrow

........have you been recoloring or completely making a new sprite?

Recolouring... Why? Does it look like I made it? XD I'm not that dedicated, I'd give up on that way too easily. And I just found a a great new tool on the software I use. I can basically select an area, and fill it in a way, but it detects the shades and replaces them with corresponding shades. So for example on Bulbasaur it made the dark shades of green dark gray, and the lighter shades a light gray. Should come in handy, it literally takes me about 30 seconds to do it that way.

Also: Is there a zip file somewhere so I can just grab all the sprites? I found one but the backgrounds are all in black and its hard to work with.

Edited by CruelCrow

ah, no wonder the eyes look weird. And plus you saved in JPEG format, not PNG.

Where did you get the original sprites? The JPEG format messed it up a little too much to correct.

Edit: whoops, just saw your edited post. heres all the x/y sprites but i have no idea where the rest are. Ask Ame.

Edited by grasssnake485

Yeahhh, thought format might be an issue. But like I said, I was just testing ideas and colour schemes out. The eyes on the bulbasaur were screwy because I was playing around on paint and had no idea what I was doing, plus I tried to change them from the original color which changed the shades and made them look worse.Using Corel now though and I can actually get stuff done decently.

And I just looked up something along the lines of "All pokemon sprites zip" and downloaded a zip file. The starting quality is fine, I think it's just how I saved them. I notice when I go back to get them they're all blurry.

On a different note, can we make the default coloring of Groudon something like this?

2ed49yc.png

I think it's a much better red than his original, here:

2qjbw2r.png

I do like that red better. The original does look kinda faded, whereas yours is a much deeper color. Actually looks like a ruby, how fitting XD

Well I gave the Espurrised Meowth a shot, looks kinda hilarious actually

post-45809-0-05362700-1389132409.png

Since these aren't official I'll make this my last post in this topic.

Froakie Evolution Line

attachicon.gif656s.png attachicon.gif657s.png attachicon.gif658s.png

Pyroar

attachicon.gif668.png attachicon.gif668fs.png

Tyrunt/Tyrantrum

attachicon.gif696s.png attachicon.gif697s.png

Xerneas/Yvetal

attachicon.gif716s.pngattachicon.gif717s.png

I LOVE the Tyrunt/Tyrantrum, Good job. The Greninja is cool too, although I think the white spots should be red to complement the scarfy thing more.

Edited by CruelCrow