Help, I can't find my running shoes!!

LloydG

Regardless of game speed, I can't get past the 2nd red vine. I make the correct turns but by the time I run past the 2nd red vine Dusknoir is on my ass ready to send me back, it's just too fast and I don't know what I'm missing. At most I can make the corner around the 2nd vine but there's no way I'm making it through the 'hallway' with Dusknoir being as fast as it is. Edit: So, since I don't have my running shoes/can't activate them, I'm effectively softlocked. 

Edited by LloydG
Context

1. Yes

2. Speedup is on M, for me at least

3. As far as I'm aware the speedup doesn't change the mechanics of the game, just speeds it up. At most it just makes precise movement harder, but like I said originally, "regardless of game speed..."

I tried the run toggle, which is usually S, and it isn't working. So, either I somehow missed the running shoes, or my toggle button is wrong. I set my keybinds to default, so that should've ruled out the latter, and my god the running shoes shouldn't be something that can be skipped. After loading up an old save, I did have running shoes, and I was able to toggle them on and off with S, but with my new save, no luck.

I just started up a new save to see if I missed the running shoes in the opening sequence, as from what I can recall in previous versions the mom gifted them to us then. Regardless I didn't come across them, and neither using run toggle, or space to run, worked. Granted I only went as far as East Gearen, but I feel like I should've gotten the running shoes by then. I'd go further but I'm all outta patience.

Great, started up a new game and it turns out I'm able to run right from the start. Doesn't change the fact that the save file I care about is still softlocked, and it's strange that I tested this yesterday, and I wasn't able to run then. Wth is happening, literally nothing changed from yesterday to today...