Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Debug Menu

Shalashaska_123

Question

Hi, guys.

I was playing Reborn, and I was swapping out Pokemon in the Pokemon Center (specifically Pachirisu for Eevee in Spinel Town after beating Serra). When I went to check Eevee's stats, the list said, "Summary, Debug, Switch, Item, and Cancel." I was like wtf is that? So I clicked Debug, and a whole list allowing you to change anything appeared. EVs, IVs, Moves, etc. I saved my game to be safe, and then I changed Eevee into a Shadow Pokemon just to see what it did. And I was like, "AHHHHH!" So I reset the game. When I rebooted and got back to the menu, the Debug option was gone.

I'm playing with Pokemon Reborn 18.4 and was wondering if anyone knows how to make the Debug option appear or disappear? It might be because of some buttons I pressed in sequence on accident. I think it could be a lot of fun to play with. And if I'm late to the party and this has already been discussed or answered 1000 times, I'm sorry.

5 answers to this question

Debug is a feature in Pokémon essentials (a template for Pokémon fan games which is used by Reborn). It is a sandbox mode, that allows you to do pretty much anything. You can get any Pokémon, items, teleport around the map, battle trainers, etc. etc. 

Are you playing with any mods? A lot of mod packs include the option to add the debug menu. 

Don’t worry, you haven’t bugged your game out. If you can’t get rid of the debug option just refrain from using it, it can also appear at the bottom of your pause menu. 

In general, debug mode is used for testing, compiling files and minimising grinding in challenge runs (nuzlockes, monotypes etc., where optimal grinding could take hundreds of hours).

I'm not playing with any mods. I'm just using the Reborn 18.4.1 program on the download page. That's why I was so surprised.

The Debug menu appeared for a while after I beat Serra, and after I reset the game I can't see it anymore. Really strange.

Maybe it's for the better that I don't use it, or I'd become spoiled.

11 hours ago, Shalashaska_123 said:

I'm not playing with any mods. I'm just using the Reborn 18.4.1 program on the download page. That's why I was so surprised.

I just have a mod that allows me to use it if/when I want to, but you might’ve summoned it by pressing F9.