Mono Psychic vs. Narcissa.

Alep-h

Long story short, Narcissa is being a pain in the ass (as expected, I guess). Tried a lot of different approaches so far, and ran out of ideas. All of them basically ended on my team being OHKOed by her STAB moves before whatever plan I comes into play. Screens don't last long enough, Simple Swoobat just doesn't live enough to set up and so on.

Any ideas, at all? Last tried team was Delphox, Grumpig, Solrock, Lunatune, Swoobat and Meowstic (M). 

29 minutes ago, Alep-h said:

Long story short, Narcissa is being a pain in the ass (as expected, I guess). Tried a lot of different approaches so far, and ran out of ideas. All of them basically ended on my team being OHKOed by her STAB moves before whatever plan I comes into play. Screens don't last long enough, Simple Swoobat just doesn't live enough to set up and so on.

Any ideas, at all? Last tried team was Delphox, Grumpig, Solrock, Lunatune, Swoobat and Meowstic (M). 

I feel like you might need to set up tbh. Maybe catch another Swobat and train it like speed, sp. def, EVs, make sure it has a special defense increasing nature (and not a speed or special attack lowering one also).  I know its weird, but maybe that will make it bulky enough to set up a few calm minds? Are the rest of your team EV trained and have good natures? Having speed EV's will be a godsend to helping you outspeed. 

Is Xatu still available and does Xatu still learn ominous wind? I know they changed it in Gen 8, but it might still use the Gen 7 learn set if your lucky, natu learns it at 20, in which case, a speed trained Xatu with ominous wind would be pretty good here, you get the boost from the field and if you get lucky you can get the omniboosts also. Natu should learn it at 20, if it doesn't then, that would mean they use gen 8 movesets, in which case your out of luck... 

EDIT: According to the Rejuv wiki it should still learn that, but it could be out of date. Worth a check I suppose!

EDIT 2: OKAY, I checked and I have a Xatu at 39 that is using the Gen 7 learnset, this save was created in v13, so it should still be the same, meaning Xatu should have ominous wind. According to the wiki you can find Natu in Jeminra Woods, Wispy Ruins and Amethyst Depths. The last two locations are uncommon encounters. 

Other than that not really sure, using fast, speed trained psychic types is your best bet... 

46 minutes ago, Alep-h said:

What difficulty are you playing?

@pizzagod13 Yes, everyone with good natures and properly EV trained. Swoobat right now is Timid with Special Attack/Speed EVs. Guess I could hunt for a Calm one and train for Special Defense and HP, but I fear that it would still get rekt by the physical mons in Narcissa team. As soon as Mimikyu or Mismagius comes into play, it's gone. Tried Xatu already, and it didn't help much even with Ominous Wind. Did okayish against Drifblim at most, but just like Swoobat, it dies to anything physical. 

@fellowry Normal. Didn't want to jump right into Intense as it's my first Rejuvenation run. 

12 hours ago, Alep-h said:

@pizzagod13 Yes, everyone with good natures and properly EV trained. Swoobat right now is Timid with Special Attack/Speed EVs. Guess I could hunt for a Calm one and train for Special Defense and HP, but I fear that it would still get rekt by the physical mons in Narcissa team. As soon as Mimikyu or Mismagius comes into play, it's gone. Tried Xatu already, and it didn't help much even with Ominous Wind. Did okayish against Drifblim at most, but just like Swoobat, it dies to anything physical. 

@fellowry Normal. Didn't want to jump right into Intense as it's my first Rejuvenation run. 

IDK you might just have to get lucky with Ominous Wind Omniboosts. According to the manual you have a 20% chance for a boost, so if you can get 2-3, you should become pretty strong. You could consider running six Xatu, and try to take advantage of the field, have two or three of them be trained in defense/HP to try and survive the physical attackers, and the rest in special/speed and then just spam Ominous wind to win. Try to get ones with decent IVs if possible. 

Anything else just feels inferior, since you can't take advantage of the field at all. 

EDIT: The move flash removes this field, so you could consider using that and forcing him to fight on an even playing field. You can buy it at the hotel with coins.