Idea for new Field Effect

Oscarus

Evi Crystal (one of the veterans) has created recently her own Field Effect which had some interesting aspects but... it's extremely OP and might give you some solid Psyshock...

Alright, I get, I won't do it anymore...

That... did make me curious, and since she has did her own version of my "debut" here (which drew attention of Amethyst herself; and I'm still proud of myself because of that), I've decided to make one for my OC himself.

But, before that, I'll give you some short insight and news about him:

Spoiler

Oscar Samuel Pendragon is a - at the end of the events of "Pokemon Heaven & Hell" - 19-year old Pokemon Trainer from Dragnor Kingdom in Ransei Region (that one region from a spin-off game which landmass looks like Arceus themselves); son of former (read: deceased) Warlords: Dragnor's Aegis Pendragon (known as "Aegis the Great") and Cragspur's Amber.

He specializes in Dragon-types, but doesn't limit himself from using others, especially Rock and Steel types. 

Even more spoilers:

Spoiler

During the main plot of the game (also like his "anime" and "manga" counterparts), he is the reigning Grand Champion of Sacroc Region, taking over as former one - Vultus - decided to retire after lenghtly, 40-year reign (yet it isn't known until player meets him in the Royal Arena; last room of the Pokemon League, where Championship battles take place). He's also "undefeated", not marking a single known loss since he began his Pokemon journey at just the age of 9. During the plot, he is said to have secured victories over Lance, Cynthia and Leon, defeating all of them during World Championship

Maybe I'll describe him later on (and try to create the "VS Sprite" and "Trainer Sprite")

His "Field" would certainly be created around him and his battle style. But... it's kinda hard to do it in games, since his strategy in anime-like battles is to wait and tank (plus eventually set-up), then find weak spots and counter. But Counter, Mirror Coat and Metal Burst aren't reliable in game. Doesn't mean I cannot create one; because I can create one basing on his personality and lore:

He is a true-born warrior, as everyone in his family (before the purge, at least), so clearly he wouldn't fall down to any mere difficulty. That field will reflect this, and expand it with other aspects; connected to his familia. In fact, that field exists canonically in my universe, yet isn't located in neither Reborn nor Aevium. This is a area formerly located in Dragnor; Ransei, but was destroyed at some point in the past, with only books left which described it.

Well... here it is 

Spoiler

That field isn't currently located anywhere, but it's powers can be summoned anywhere with lots of resources and preparations

"Drake Colosseum" Field

We, who are about to die... salute you.

General Effects

• Dragon-type moves increase in base power by x2 ("Witness the true power of dragons!")
  • Fire-type moves increase in base power by x1,5 and deal additional Dark damage ("Let the flames consume your soul!")
  • Steel-type and Fighting-type moves increase in base power by x1,5 and deal additional Ghost damage ("Spirits of the fallen support <x>!")
  • Rock-type moves increase in base power by x1,5 ("Se arena shalt be thy tomb!")
  • Water-type moves decrease in power by x0,5 ("Heat of the arena weakened the attack")
  • Ice-type moves decrease in power by x0,5 and deal additional Water damage ("Heat of the arena melted the attack")
  • Fairy-type attacks deal x0,5 deceased damage ("Death depletes the magic of Farries")
  • Ghost-type Pokemon lose thier immunity to Normal-type and Fighting-type attacks
  • Pokemon cannot go asleep
  • Critical hits deal x2 damage to opponent 

Abilities Affected

• Arena Trap and Shadow Tag prevent all opposing Pokemon from switching out
  • Battle Armor, Shell Armor, Magma Armor and Shadow Shield have thier bearers have thier Defense and Special Defense increased by 1 stage upon switching in.
  • Blaze, Flash Fire, Flare Boost are automically activated and the power boost to Fire-type attacks is increased to x2
  • Heatproof and Water Bubble no longer half the damage done by Fire-type attacks
  • Guts and Berserk are automically activated
  • Rivalry increases user's Attack by 50%, no matter the opponent's gender
  • Run Away, Wimp Out and Emergency Exit don't activate
  • Comatose doesn't work
  • Stakeout quadruples the damage dealt to the target's replacement if the target switches out, instead of doubling.
  • Intimidate lowers opponent's Special Attack by 1 stage, on top of other effects
  • Tough Claws's boost is increased to x1,5

Moves Affected

• Moves that increase in power by x2 ("Energy of the colosseum power the assasult!")
    • Outrage
    • Submission
    • Pursuit
    • Facade
    • Thunder Fang
    • Ice Fang
    • Fire Fang
    • Psychic Fang
    • Bite
    • Crunch
    • Meteor Mash
    • Punishment
    • Sacred Sword
    • Dual Chop
    • Liquidation
    • Accelerock
    • Reversal
  • Moves that increase in power by x1,5 ("Legendary energy emerges from the arena!")
    • Judgement
    • Fusion Bolt
    • Fusion Flare
    • Bolt Strike
    • Blue Flare
    • Bolt Strike
    • Ice Burn
    • Freeze Shock
    • Crush Grip
    • Doom Desire
    • Light of Ruin
    • Secret Sword
  • Moves that deal additional Ghost damage ("Souls of fallen power-up the attack!")
    • Cut
    • Slash
    • Leaf Blade
    • X-Scissors
    • Shadow Claw
    • Dragon Claw
    • Psycho Cut
    • Razor Shell
  • Sound-based moves increase in power by x1,2 ("Battle cries bounced off the walls!")
  • Moves that will always fail
    • Sing
    • Sleep Powder
    • Hypnosis
    • Lovely Kiss
    • Spore
    • Yawn
    • Rest
    • Grass Whistle
    • Dark Void
    • Dragon Tail
    • Roar
    • Whirlwind
    • Circle Throw
    • Teleport
  • Moves that have amplified stat changes
    • Swords Dance
    • Focus Energy
    • Iron Defense
    • Howl
    • Shell Smash
    • Noble Roar
    • Dragon Dance
    • Acid Armor
  • Moves that no longer need recharge turn ("The power of the ancient imbues you!")
    • Hyper Beam
    • Giga Impact
    • Blast Burn
    • Hydro Cannon
    • Frenzy Plant
    • Rock Wrecker
    • Roar of Time
  • Moves that no longer need charging turn ("The power of the ancient imbues you!")
    • Freeze Shock
    • Geomancy
    • Ice Burn
    • Razor Wind
    • Skull Bash
    • Sky Attack
    • Solar Beam
    • Solar Blade
  • Other changes
    • Dragon Rage deals 120 HP flat
    • Counter and Mirror Coat deal triple the damage done to the user
    • Metal Burst deal double the damage done to the user
    • Final Gambit deals double the damage it normally would
    • Water, Fire and Grass Pledges activate thier secondary effects immediatety after using them
    • Nature Power becomes Outrage
    • Camouflage changes the user's type to Dragon
    • Secret Power may burn

Transitions to other Field Effects

The field will be terminated after two uses of Tectonic Rage, Continental Crush or Nature's Madness

Seed

Magical Seed gives the user an omniboost and applies Laser Focus.

So, if you think about potential changes, don't be afraid to say it upfront. I like hearing others' opinions

Edited by Oscarus
minor editing corrections
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

I like it. Stay tuned in the forums, because I will release ONE new field that I've created. 

Already say it and I'm very impressed :)

19 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Evi Crystal (one of the veterans) has created recently her own Field Effect which had some interesting aspects but... it's extremely OP and might give you some solid Psyshock...

Alright, I get, I won't do it anymore...

That... did make me curious, and since she has did her own version of my "debut" here (which drew attention of Amethyst herself; and I'm still proud of myself because of that), I've decided to make one for my OC himself.

I'm very proud of you😁👍🏼

I'm liking this so far and it looks and suits your OC very good. Neat job :D

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

it looks and suits your OC very good

Yes, it does (sorta).

But, other than that... His team doesn't benefit from it as much as others. Other than specific moves (mainly Dragon Dance and some attacks plus the blockade of sleeping).

When it comes to Abilities, from all his canonical Pokemon, only Chandelure's Flash Fire and Haxorus' Rivalry (his canonically has Mold Breaker, but in-game that can be changed).

But, thank you anyways. I wonder if I could create this field in V19 battle-maker... That'd be a good way to check how it works in practice.