Shiny Shadow Pokemon (v13.05)

erikabyte

Been soft resetting to see if I can get a shiny shadow pokemon and one hasn't shown up yet. Looked through old forum posts and saw one that had Jan saying because shadow pokemon were predetermined they couldn't be shiny.

however that was a way old post and from what I could find in a newer one said that nothing in the game was shiny locked. There is also the fact that in the graphics files for sprites all the shadow pokemon have shiny sprites as well. 

Just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time, can anyone confirm or deny that shadow pokemon can be shiny. In particular the vanillish you get from snagging in the xen grunt fight in caratos mountain.

thanks

I've never seen a trainer have a shiny pokemon that wasn't a predetermined shiny, and since the Shadow Pokemon are trainer Pokemon, I can make a reasonable assumption that they can't be. I would love to be proven wrong though.  However, I did have an interesting shiny in one of the Dynamax-like battles. (Spoiler below is from Act 4 before 4th gym) 

Spoiler

I ran into this right before Geara fight (and this is definitely not always shiny), which makes me think the reason why the den ones can be shiny is because they are Dynamax-like battles instead of trainer battles.

1012924324_Shinygiratina.png.ea37e8e349515d86c34f5db1f6065d5c.png

• Thanks 1

Wow wild about the spoiler fight. I had to reset a ton there during my intense run and never saw that- what a neat shiny.

Still your reasoning makes sense and it is why I feel like I am chasing my tail trying to grind for it. I'd call it if it weren't for the fact that the shadow pokemon have the shiny sprite, and I can't see why they would have it if they can't be a shiny pokemon.

1 hour ago, sharqking said:

I've never seen a trainer have a shiny pokemon that wasn't a predetermined shiny, and since the Shadow Pokemon are trainer Pokemon, I can make a reasonable assumption that they can't be. I would love to be proven wrong though.  However, I did have an interesting shiny in one of the Dynamax-like battles. (Spoiler below is from Act 4 before 4th gym) 

Hide contents

I ran into this right before Geara fight (and this is definitely not always shiny), which makes me think the reason why the den ones can be shiny is because they are Dynamax-like battles instead of trainer battles.

1012924324_Shinygiratina.png.ea37e8e349515d86c34f5db1f6065d5c.png

I have also seen that shiny! Was pretty cool

Spoiler

1788276829_SkittlesGiritina.thumb.png.24484042b0928949fc29cc027ea1d398.png