Is there a way to remove the 12 character limit for pokemon nicknames in pokemon rejuvenation?

JacobBasque

I would like to name my mega heracross carnage kabuto like the villian from the one punch man series but it won't fit I was watching a few youtube videos where it seemed like a few people had nicknames on their pokemon which exceeded 12 characters but I can't seem to find a guide on how to do so if it's possible.

20 hours ago, JacobBasque said:

I would like to name my mega heracross carnage kabuto like the villian from the one punch man series but it won't fit I was watching a few youtube videos where it seemed like a few people had nicknames on their pokemon which exceeded 12 characters but I can't seem to find a guide on how to do so if it's possible.

It's possible. You'll have to modify a game's script however.

Find the PokemonTextEntry.rb file located under the Scripts folder. Line 1492, replace      maxlength     with the number you want. Save the file, launch the game.

Keep in mind that the 12 characters limitation is surely here for a good reason and you might come up with unexpected behavior if your pokemon name is displayed (like, going out of the status box in battle)

Hope this will work!

• Like 1