Rejuvenation - Starters Only

Lspaceship

Hey! In my third playthrough of Rejuvenation in V13, I've decided to impose a challenge on myself that I haven't seen before. That being a Starters Only run.

Rules:
1: I cannot catch new Pokemon. Any given to me are to be released immediately.
2: To facilitate movement around the Region, I am giving myself the AP to get the 'Golden Items' for HM use needing to teach them to the pokemon.
3: After each 'Major Battle' that I have access to a PC, I swap out my team. I cannot use pokemon in two major battles in a row (EG: If my last major battle had Froakie, I can't use Froakie in the next one)

4: I will be giving myself the ability to use up to 6 revives per battle, but I cannot purchase revives. They must be found or given to me.

With that all said and done, I begin with the Starters in my box (minus Tepig because he's in my party) as shown:
image.png.1331474951a02d2fb7afd19a3cec9836.png

Let's see how hard it'll be, and I hope you all enjoy.

First fight, against the Garbodor. Didn't have any big advantage, but due to the AI focusing on Ren, I was able to sweep with Tepig. However, time to change up my team!

From Tepig, Turtwig, Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, Popplio, Froakie to Scorbunny, Snivy, Chimchar, Chespin, Sobble, Totodile. Now to see about fighting Ren.

image.png.53d25efd7e19134dea480e8cf1def7e8.png

It was an ordeal, but I got through it with only one faint. Now to revise teams again for sidequests!

Scorbunny, Snivy, Chimchar, Chespin, Sobble, Totodile -> Tepig, Treecko, Charmander, Rowlet, Piplup, Mudkip.

During this period, the pokemon I had with me evolved.

So. Vs Novae. It wasn't that difficult, but she did KO almost three of my team.
image.png.ecb2ed5c15786c5fe3fe4d56fb2bab37.png
So, time for a switch-up of the teams. Pignite for Torchic, Prinplup for Squirtle, Marshtop for Oshawott, Grovile for Chikorita, Dartrix for Grookey, and Charmeleon for Fennekin. Now to prep for the gym!

Again, the pokemon evolved for this, and it wasn't that difficult. Braixen could speed past the 'mons to deal with most of them, and Combusken tagged in to deal with the Alolan Grimer.

image.png.aadb7b4f17b91960f080aac3020f1057.png

With the Gym Leader defeated, it's time to switch out in preparation for Goldenwood.

Litten, Popplio, Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Snivy, and Marshtomp will be my team for that. But that'll be next time. Again, I hope you enjoyed!

Replies

Spoiler
41 minutes ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! You're using LITTEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I plan on using all the Starter pokemon, if I'm being honest! I feel like some of 'em are underused in runs like this, which is one of the reasons I'm doing it.

So, Goldenwood. I.....overlevelled. I took advantage of the Audino Trainer on the top of the hotel, and spent time getting everyone up to 25. Thus, the start of this gauntlet starts with 9 lost HP and an asleep Brionne.

image.png.362d4a7aba27315325af1e511cd08f02.png

Next thing: Fighting against the first of the Culvier clan, Mars. I didn't have the opportunity to change my team, so it's the same 'mons. Torracat put the work in, as Fire Fang proved its worth. So, Team Xen shows up! I'll be KOing their Shadow Mons, because I can't catch things. They fall to the superior cat, because about 10 levels make a lot of difference. And hey! A PC star! Time to swap stuff up.

Current team: Quilava, Quilladin, Frogadier, Combusken, Thwacky, Dartrix.

Xen grunts aren't that difficult to deal with, but Eli and Sharon are my next trial, except they focus on Melia, which lets me wipe their team. Zetta, though, did some damage. After the big succ by the Rift, it's time to battle the first Rift!

I really should grind out to level cap after Venam more often. Rift Gyarados didn't KO a single mon due to a lucky miss.

image.png.48fa9566eadf43f503b2750f3d4b6440.png

I'm sure it'll get more difficult as we go on, though! For now, time to switch!

Grovile, Drizzile, Bayleef, Monferno, Wartortle, and Pignite will start us off next!