Does Super U.M.D. move ignore target stat modifier?

qorder

I was experimenting with setups in the Glitch field for Saki's gym and found it weird that the Bastiodon's Super U.M.D. move deals nearly 70% of my Venusaur's HP at +4 defense and special defense. At this point, Venusaur's defense is about two times higher than Bastiodon's attacking stat aka special defense). I'm not sure how to explain this fact other than the possibility that it ignores target stat modifier like Darkest Lariat. Any idea how this move works?

• Veterans
2 hours ago, qorder said:

I was experimenting with setups in the Glitch field for Saki's gym and found it weird that the Bastiodon's Super U.M.D. move deals nearly 70% of my Venusaur's HP at +4 defense and special defense. At this point, Venusaur's defense is about two times higher than Bastiodon's attacking stat aka special defense). I'm not sure how to explain this fact other than the possibility that it ignores target stat modifier like Darkest Lariat. Any idea how this move works?

known bug, already fixed in a hotfix a couple of days ago. grab the _move file attached for it to function properly

PokeBattle_Move.rb

• 11 months later...