Can't switch between Aelita and Ren in chapter 14 V13 [Resolved]

KM_

As the title says, pressing the A button doesn't allow me to swap between them.
I've done the fixes that were suggested (loading up a save before I entered) and this does nothing. 
Is there a fix for this? or maybe some things I can do with the debug to fix this. Would rather not restart the game as im doing a shiny only run on intense and it takes hundreds of hours to get anywhere. 

Edited by KM_

19 minutes ago, KM_ said:

As the title says, pressing the A button doesn't allow me to swap between them.
I've done the fixes that were suggested (loading up a save before I entered) and this does nothing. 
Is there a fix for this? or maybe some things I can do with the debug to fix this. Would rather not restart the game as im doing a shiny only run on intense and it takes hundreds of hours to get anywhere. 

i was able to switch to either of the two characters using your save. im playing on the 13.0.2 version. 

You’ve probably already tried this, but I sorta had the same issue and I just finished that chapter a couple hours ago. Try going to the edge of any bridges/ platforms and try clicking A, or try moving around while spamming A. I did this a few times and it eventually worked

11 minutes ago, JK’S said:

You’ve probably already tried this, but I sorta had the same issue and I just finished that chapter a couple hours ago. Try going to the edge of any bridges/ platforms and try clicking A, or try moving around while spamming A. I did this a few times and it eventually worked

just set up a quick auto clicker for A and also doing it manually a bit. but both have no effect. 

17 minutes ago, JK’S said:

Then I have no idea what to do, try updating to v13.0.4? It’s the newest one

Error is occuring in 13.0.4. Tried it in fresh installs of both 13.0.4 as 13.0.2

Resolved the issue.

The issue occurs when you have the A key bound to something else before entering the area. 

In order to fix this. Press F1 to go into your controls.
Look for the unreadable control option as shown here, it should be in the bottom left, image.png.de6b708dba5ff76af83c4892363e07f9.png and bind it to a key.
Optionally, you can restore your controls to default and click accept.
Make sure to confirm the control change by selecting accept. 
Next, press the bound button, or the A key if you restored the controls to default. Press enter (in my version of the game, other keys did not work.) and you will finally be prompted with the menu to switch between characters.

• Upvote 1