[POSSIBLE SPOILER] Help with Goomink quest V13

elis6679

I feel like this is one of the hardest fight in this game, you need really build up your team to deal with this guy, status move is useless in this fight cause kawopudunga has water veil, Aqua ring +Leftovers+ Rest makes it so tanky and it has infinite pp so stalling is useless not to mention dive is so broken in these field

The only viable way is to debuff it and slowly buff up your pokemon

My Team when i beat kawopudunga:

Venusaur (Chlorophyll) (Black Sludge)

- Move: Growth, Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Leech Seed

Luxray (Intimidate) (Sitrus Berry)

- Move: Baby Doll eyes, Discharge, Electric Terrain Crunch

Arcanine (Intimidate) 

- Moves: Wild Charge, Will o wisp, Flare Blitz, Close Combat 

Meowstick(Prankster) 

- Move: Light Screen, Reflect, Psychic, Fake Out

Magnezone (Sturdy) (Magnet)

- Move: Thunder, Flash Cannon, Screech, Metal Sound

Blastoise (Torrent)

- Move: Hydro Pump, Flash Cannon, dark Pulse, Aura Sphere

Strategy:

The Main Strategy is to cripple kawopudunga atk, and def as much as possible the set up using a sweeper, i use growth Venusaur with max investment to HP EV and Mix Atk and Def EV for this.

Lead with Meowstick in order to set up Reflect, it will use dive and kill it but is okay, switch in to Arcanine it will intimidate(-1), then immediately switch to Luxray now it will also intimidate(-2), now it will atk but wouldn't kill, then switch back to Arcanine and intimidate will active(-3), Arcanine should be able to live with little hp now use wild charge to chip in his shield, kawopudunga will kill Arcanice, then switch back to Luxray and intimidate will active(-4), then use Baby Doll eyes(-5) now if you're lucky Luxray will survive with little hp so you can Baby Doll Eyes once again(-6), then switch to Magnezone and depends on your sweeper either set Screech or Metal sound (i use screech cuz my Venusaur is physical) at this point Magnezone can live through 2 hits so either use another Screech/Metal sound or try to break its shield. then switch to Venusaur, now cuz Venusaur is more bulky and resist kawopudunga  stab it will proceed to target Goomink, now this is the best scenario cuz goomink has great defense and access to Rest so it can effectively tank its atk, now use this chance to buff up Venusaur using growth it should be easy after the +4, and Petal dance it to death

The key here is to have a screen setter and at least 2 pokemon with intimidate and switch it back and forth to chip away its atk  then sweep by stacking your own atk, if you have better alternative by all means use it, i only use this team cuz im to lazy to train another pokemon

Not a super big brain strategy but hey it works for me