Goodra

Noivy

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.

[set Name]
[species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set]

Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

Dance water, Dance!

Goodra @ Damp Rock/Leftovers

Ability: Hydration

EVs: 252 HP, 240 Def, 18 SpDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)

Rain Dance

Thunder

Muddy Water

Rest

Ok I managed to get this Goodra set on my X version, and I must say, damn what a great special sponge. We're talking tanking +2 moon blasts here.

Great rain team support. It's bulk lets it Rain Dance, and with the incoming (and well deserved) nerfs to weather abilities, rain dance, will be crucial to supporting. Thunder for no miss smackdown in rain, Muddy Water has acceptable power, although accuracy is risky. 85 tends to miss 1/3 times. Rest for trololololol on special walls who are too foolish to switch. I've had a LOT of fun on wifi matches with my rain dance team with Goodra.

(Baton Passing defensive adds to Goodra makes for a very squishy, hug giving dragon. It's well worth the reward if you don't get a no-skill crit.)

Dance water, Dance!

*Shivers

Sorry Demyx scarred me. Anyways, without memories of 20+ failures

Majestic Bulky Goo, available to all weathers

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 SAtk / 176 HP / 80 Def
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
Most people say that Goodra is only REALLY good in rain. They say that it is only a wall and nothing better. Well, this set makes it available to any other weathers besides Rain, or no weather at all. This is how a bulky offensive dragon should look that does not need a sort of weather. The EV listed are enough for Goodra to live. Gooey should be used on non rain teams, the focus of this set. However, should you want an offensive bulky monster on Rain, then get Hydration.
Dragon Pulse is the main STAB. It hits hard on neutral Pokemon and is better than Draco. Sludge Bomb is used for coverage against fairies, who could set up after the Dragon Pulse. Focus Blast is for hitting Steels hard. But, if you run Sun, Hp Fire would be better for the pseudo STAB. Finally, Substitute is what keeps Goodra alive. It can take a hit against Fairies, which Goodra can promptly kill with Sludge Bomb. Overall, this is basically Hydreigon's set, but more bulk.

Godra

Goodra@choice specs

Ability:Hydration

Nature: Modest

EVs: 252 HP 100 Specal defense 158 Special attack

Moves

Draco Meteor

Icebeam

Thunder/ Thunderbolt

Sludge bomb

This build abuses Goodra's bulk and allows you to hit very hard with your special moves. As a special wall, you can switch in and take almost any special attack, and keep the pace of the battle in your favor. Stab Draco meteor is the key in this as it will dent many pokemon and even on shot those that do not resist. Ice beam works well to it those flying dragons, if you don't want to get lock into draco meteor. ( remember you lose -2 special from the attack) Thunder or thunderbolt all depends on if you will be running rain support. If so thunder will hit hard, but will often miss in the heat of battle, so thunderbolt is a good substitute. Rounding off the set is sludge bomb which will make any little pixie think twice before switching in.

Yup Goodra is gen 6's Psuedo...

I still don't have a good understanding of this thing, nor do I have the intention of using it...

I am more curious about whether or not it is a threat to me...

Yup Goodra is gen 6's Psuedo...

I still don't have a good understanding of this thing, nor do I have the intention of using it...

I am more curious about whether or not it is a threat to me...

He isn't a big threat, but he is a special sponge, so running support on him will be a great move. Also he can take almost any special attack, so he can be used to force swich some pokemon.

Support

Flynn (Goodra) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
I've had some massive success with this set in Showdown and PO. Many would consider Hydration, but with Sap Sipper, it has the ability to completely shut out Breloom, Chesnaught, Trevenant, and other common grass type foes. Goodra already has fantastic Special Defense, but boosting it more practically makes most special hits very ineffective. This set specifically fits towards stalling with Goodra's bulk and his ability to whittle down foes with Leftovers, Protect, and Toxic. This set is taken with a grain of salt, try it out for yourself. This is a completely random set of stats set towards Goodra but it has shown immense work in practice.
If you want proof on how effective this set is, ask Ollie. >>;

• 1 month later...

Special Support?

(Goodra) (F) @ Assault Vest

Trait: Gooey

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Flamethrower

- Dragon Pulse

- Sludge Wave

- Thunderbolt

This is a good set to really mess someone up. Goodra's insane special bulk paired with an Assault Vest can really slow down some onslaughts, while Gooey slows down physical retaliation. As the Assault Vest prevents the use of status moves, this is a good time to explore the special offense capabilities of Goodra, which has one hell of a special move pool.

Ok, before I post, stop giving it Sludge Bomb over Sludge Wave.

This is my set, both in-game and on PO.

Coverage Wall

[Goodra] (F) @ [Assault Vest]
Trait: [Gooey]
EVs: [4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef]
[Calm] Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

This set has worked wonders for me, as it can get an SE hit on 90% of the metagame.

Dragon Pulse is the basic STAB. Focus Blast is for TTar/Heatran/etc,

Flamethrower ruins Forretress/Ferrothorn/Scizor

Ice Beam takes out Gliscor, and other things with x4 Ice Weaknesses.

This thing has insanely high special defense, it can take anything. The only special attacker you should ever switch it out against is a Togekiss, because it has Roost, and even though Dazzling Gleam will only do 15% or so, it can't win a stall war. True, it could run Sludge Wave instead, but when I tested that, this set made it better overall.

Gooey ruins any physical attacks that might want to take it out, especially Khangaskhan, which gets a -2 speed boost from any attack. Using Power-up punch or fake out will give it a -2 speed boost, allowing Goodra to focus blast it, then focus blast it next turn to KO. And it has enough HP that Power-up punch won't KO it.

I'd generally recommend 252 HP over 252 SpDef, because its SpDef is already 350-ish unboosted, and with Assault Vest it reaches levels Blissey can only dream of even without EVs... On the other hand, HP EVs are needed to have a better time at taking physical attackers which may want to try their chances on Goodra, specially if you plan on abusing Gooey...

Spoeaking of abilities, why do I seem to be the only one to use Sap Sipper on the Assault Vest set? It actually turns it into a hell of a Ferrothorn counter (with limited Speed Gyro Ball won't hurt that much, leaving the not-so-common Thunder Wave as the only move Ferro can use to hurt Goodra, which in turn has Fire Blast...) and that is always a good thing: Techniloom also finds itself in a tight spot because, with max HP, Goodra is not clearly 2KOed by unboosted Mach Punch, which is pretty much the only move Breloom has that is capable of dealing damage to Goodra. Spore in general becomes less threatening, and Grass-type special attackers, for example Roserade and most importantly Venusaur, are completely obliterated... Seriously, don't overlook Sap Sipper!

Edited by Tomas Elliot

Support

Flynn (Goodra) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
I've had some massive success with this set in Showdown and PO. Many would consider Hydration, but with Sap Sipper, it has the ability to completely shut out Breloom, Chesnaught, Trevenant, and other common grass type foes. Goodra already has fantastic Special Defense, but boosting it more practically makes most special hits very ineffective. This set specifically fits towards stalling with Goodra's bulk and his ability to whittle down foes with Leftovers, Protect, and Toxic. This set is taken with a grain of salt, try it out for yourself. This is a completely random set of stats set towards Goodra but it has shown immense work in practice.
If you want proof on how effective this set is, ask Ollie. >>;

steel types wall cold, i recomend you to carry a steel trapper

• 8 years later...