Wispy Tower Gauntlet

Juice

WHY.

Just why. 

That Giratina is enough of a pain to deal with, I finally figure out a strategy to beat it (thanks, Dedenne) and now.....whoops, here's a battle with Geara too. And if you lose, you're sent back to before Giratina. 

Do the "raid" bosses have infinity PP on their moves? I swear that thing used Thunderbolt 40+ times and Dragon Breath another 30+ times. It also never gets paralyzed after Nuzzle. Talk about broken, you can't even hax it. 

So not only do I have to have a perfect team to clear the Giratina....I now have to have something that breaks Impidimp's screens before literally everything kills me. UGH.

Any tips from those who have tried this? 

managed to get through this :) 

just intimidated the heck out of the A-Wak and switched back and forth between electric and flying types to avoid Bonemerang while targeting the other slot. That Haunter wasn't fun but I still two-shot it with Cinderace Pyro Ball. 

and then swept Narcissa with a Coalossal of all things, that was fun

On 7/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, Juice said:

WHY.

Just why. 

That Giratina is enough of a pain to deal with, I finally figure out a strategy to beat it (thanks, Dedenne) and now.....whoops, here's a battle with Geara too. And if you lose, you're sent back to before Giratina. 

Do the "raid" bosses have infinity PP on their moves? I swear that thing used Thunderbolt 40+ times and Dragon Breath another 30+ times. It also never gets paralyzed after Nuzzle. Talk about broken, you can't even hax it. 

So not only do I have to have a perfect team to clear the Giratina....I now have to have something that breaks Impidimp's screens before literally everything kills me. UGH.

Any tips from those who have tried this? 

Version I'm playing: v13.0.2 normal mode.

I am also seriously struggling with this particular fight. I think I have the right team to try and get close to winning via the right RNG, but I can't even switch pokemon slots between the battles. My team can currently deal with Giratina, but not Geara.

Jigglypuff and the new regional Feebas are the only other fairy choices I have other than Mime Jr (which I was lucky not to miss tbh). I have not found a snubble, marill, or anything other than jigglypuff (since I can't evolve it without a second moonstone). I'm going to try out Gossifleur and see what happens, but I am not hopeful. I would love to see the teams of the players who successfully has defeated this. I have been trying for 3 days to figure this out, between a few team swaps and different strats between moves.

Had trouble with this fight as well. - Normal Mode

I had no trouble with the Giratina thanks to my Persian being able to outspeed and paralyze Giratina, but could not beat Geara for the life of me. Eventually swallowed my pride and changed the difficulty to casual mode and finally beat him. I changed it back to normal after Naricissa gym battle <--- had trouble with this fight in past versions.

I wish EVs training was available during this Chapter.

I was able to get a Dedenne on Route 2 that could both Nuzzle and swap into a Dragon Breath. Then I had an Intimidate Luxray with Baby Doll Eyes that would give him a quick -2 on his Shadow Claws. 

Really from there I just whittled him down. 

The fight after though? I honestly don't remember, but I ended up just targeting one slot and leaving the A-Wak out there neutered due to Intimidates. I would swap out from Luxray to a Flying/Levitator (I used Lunatone here) and would just swap back out and let something else take the Shadow Bone. 

I have found out that Crafty Shield lasted for the entire battle when facing Narcissa, which is most likely a glitch, but it really helped defeating her, since she could not use any status move against me. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but it is worth a shot, if you just want to beat her using a glitch that is. 

Edited by MoltenLights
Misinformation

4 hours ago, Juice said:

I was able to get a Dedenne on Route 2 that could both Nuzzle and swap into a Dragon Breath. Then I had an Intimidate Luxray with Baby Doll Eyes that would give him a quick -2 on his Shadow Claws. 

Really from there I just whittled him down. 

The fight after though? I honestly don't remember, but I ended up just targeting one slot and leaving the A-Wak out there neutered due to Intimidates. I would swap out from Luxray to a Flying/Levitator (I used Lunatone here) and would just swap back out and let something else take the Shadow Bone. 

I did not manage to get the Shinx. I will take a look at the guide and try it out. I'm only willing to go so far though, so if I can't get this figured out by tonight, I'm going to have to drop the difficulty. I can't even buy revives.

FYI This is my first playthrough with Rejuvenation. I've never played any of the previous versions, nor Reborn. I'm assuming this kind of difficulty is expected on normal? I'm good with trying to figure out a challenge since I have about 40 hours into this game out of determination and exploration, but I'm starting to not enjoy this experience for a normal play through. I can only imagine what Intense is suppose to be.

The difficulty is about what you should expect going forward. My personal thought is that right now normal mode is consistently just a little bit too hard (it feels like every major fight I'm almost able to win, but have to adjust my team a bit, which I don't mind for Gym Leaders and clearly telegraphed bosses but is a bit annoying when a random 6v6 pops out of nowhere), but not outrageously so.

I remember Cacturne with Sucker Punch being a big friend in Wispy Tower. It can break Giratina's shields by itself. I belive mine got 3 hits off, which made finishing the job a cakewalk. I think my team for Gaera was

Cacturne

Hariyama

Quilava

Weezing

Simipour

Xatu

And I don't remember it being that rough once I got the order down. This fight didn't feel too bad to me

Sucker punch was a game changer because i could reliably kill haunter and marowak. The Cacnea you get from catching it as a shadow pokemon is REALLY good, and alolan diglett for the clefable really worked wonders. Pyro ball dominates as usual, and kills a lot of things. A very risky but good one also is Alolan Raticate, as it gets hustle and sucker punch, meaning that you can KO something if clefable is out as you can beat it with dugtrio

I actually have a pretty decent shiny alolan raticate that I caught really early on, however I did not use it for this fight. It had hussle and I soon learned that while it was nigh unstoppable, it was just too inaccurate for my tastes. I also caught a nidoran male with hustle as well (I wasn't aware that was a thing) and I had to use the ability capsule I found early on to change it. I chose poison point over sheer force.

I was able to defeat Giratina/Geara combo. Here is what I used, in order:

Luxray lvl35 w/ Intimidate

- Baby Doll Eyes

- Spark

- Ice Fang

- Crunch

Stoutland lvl35 w/ Sand Rush

- Crunch

- Take Down

- Roar

- Rock Smash

Feraligatr lvl35 w/ Torrent

- Scary Face

- Ice Fang

- Crunch

- Water Gun

Nidoking lvl35 w/ Poison Point & Poison Barb

- Sucker Punch

- Poison Sweep

- Mega Horn

- Rock Smash

Cacturne lvl35 w/ Water Absorb & Sitrus Berry

- Sucker Punch

- Magical Leaf

- Power-Up Punch

- Toxic Spikes

Pangoro lvl35 w/ Scrappy & Normal Gem

- Body Slam

- Vital Throw

- Bullet Punch

- Circle Throw

My movesets aren't the best, but that's just from what I have on hand atm. The suggestion to use Luxray with intimidate + baby doll eyes made everything so much easier with Geara. I targeted the Persian with two Baby Doll Eyes to really nerf it and then I focused on the other side, killing them one by one while Persian basically hit for nothing. I did this fight about 4 times before I got my timing down and only once did Geara switch out Persian after knocking its attack down really low. Stoutland can take a few hits from any of Geara's pokemon so I swat A-wak out of the way, healed up my party while he set up Morgrem for stalling. Pangoro's Bullet Punch took care of Morgrem even with the screens, nidoking's poison sweep for clefairy, and Feraligatr for Masquerain. Since both Nidoking and Cacturne both know sucker punch, I was able swat him down with good timing before it KO'd both of them. In one of my battles, I was able to hit haunter hard with Pangoro's body slam + normal gem after I paralyzed haunter + scary face.

Hope this helps! I know I was sick of this battle. I was straight up about to give up.