Pokemon Conquest anyone?

Tomas Elliot

I might do the same here, If and only if the fact that during the summer I will not be here.

i'll join.

Just clarifying that this is only a "scout" topic, to see if people would be interested and gather ideas. The actual sign-up topic will be started as soon as we figure out everything and we are ready to start... Should be next week if everything goes as planned!

so what kind of ideas do you need to help thinking of if anything i am very useful in the idea area.

also i was thinking more around the Hundred Year war time when i was talking about using European history though i guess middle ages work to don't know much about that though (and the hundred year war time is in no way because i like Joan of Arc nope not at all

with Charlemagne you would at least have 12 warlords given the 12 paladins of Charlemagne are a thing right? like i said don't know much about that time never went into the middle ages much during school which sucks because its actually very interesting compared to American history.

Edited by rustytengo

so what kind of ideas do you need to help thinking of if anything i am very useful in the idea area.

I have a huge post in the previous page with a lot of ideas concerning the gameplay... Check that out and see if you come up with any suggestion to improve on that department!

also i was thinking more around the Hundred Year war time when i was talking about using European history though i guess middle ages work to don't know much about that though (and the hundred year war time is in no way because i like Joan of Arc nope not at all

with Charlemagne you would at least have 12 warlords given the 12 paladins of Charlemagne are a thing right? That was the idea, yep :P

like i said don't know much about that time never went into the middle ages much during school which sucks because its actually very interesting compared to American history.

My replies in bold :)

Just clarifying that this is only a "scout" topic, to see if people would be interested and gather ideas. The actual sign-up topic will be started as soon as we figure out everything and we are ready to start... Should be next week if everything goes as planned!

OOPS, my fault, sorry.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Since everyone and their mother is now out on the X/Y craze, I don't think this would be the right time to get this idea started, because people wouldn't be much active around here... Besides, I do understand that, with all the enthusiasm generated by this new Gen 6, there will be people willing to choose Kalos Pokemon as their partners. I have therefore decided to wait a bit more before starting this roleplay: we will begin as soon as complete info about the new Pokemon are available on Bulbapedia! This way, those who want to select a Gen 6 Pokemon (I understand the starters and Litleo's family are particularly popular) as their partners will be free to. So yeah, it will probably take one more week or so: stay tuned!

MAJOR UPDATE:

I got almost everything concerning the gameplay figured out. I just need to plan the order of appearance of the various NPCs. Besides, the internet is starting to be filled with the long-awaited detailed info about Gen 6 Pokemon, and besides, now that the whole X/Y craze is cooling down, it seems the right time to start a roleplay that has a strong french theme (Charlemagne and his knights, to which the NPCs will be inspired, were from France), given that the new Kalos region is inspired to France...

So yeah, the time to plan the NPCs and then open the actual OOC+signup topic has come. I will do these things as soon as at least one person officially volunteers to be my co-host(s). Hokuna had offered to take on that spot but he disappeared... And surely I cannot do this on my own, given my university duties and the big timezone gap between me and the majority of the people who would join (I am from Italy, GMT+1)...

Long story short: if you think you have what it takes to be my co-host in this project, post your credentials here in this topic. I'll need to know your timezone, your level of understanding of strategy and game theory (you'll need just the basics of course, nothing I cannot explain to you myself) and how much time you can dedicate to this. Also, it would help if you had a lot of time to spare during weekends.

Just keep this conversation going! The sooner we find at least one co-host, the sooner we start!

unfortunately i am probably the last person you would want to co-host so i won't even say anything else about that.

the thing i will ask is this are the player characters going to have a power like in the game? if so can i make my own(don't worry i never make anything powerful not fun if i do that) and name it pillage or something close to that? Mainly because i have an idea for a character that would be hilarious if i can do it right. i know this is something i should of asked you much earlier.

Well, warrios ARE going to have powers, but I am afraid I cannot allow you to make your own: there will be a list of powers available, and people will have to pick one of those. "Why?" you may ask. Simple: because each person will be given, when creating his/her character, a set amount of points to invest in their stats (Power, Wisdom, Charisma), in the Pokemon they want to pick as starter one and/or as Perfect one, and so on. Everything will cost with a price, INCLUDING the powers. I will publish a list of available powers, and each will have a set cost: this way, absolute balance will be guaranteed...

This being said, it is absolutely false that you are the last person I'd want as a co-host, why would you say such a thing?

Well, warrios ARE going to have powers, but I am afraid I cannot allow you to make your own: there will be a list of powers available, and people will have to pick one of those. "Why?" you may ask. Simple: because each person will be given, when creating his/her character, a set amount of points to invest in their stats (Power, Wisdom, Charisma), in the Pokemon they want to pick as starter one and/or as Perfect one, and so on. Everything will cost with a price, INCLUDING the powers. I will publish a list of available powers, and each will have a set cost: this way, absolute balance will be guaranteed...

This being said, it is absolutely false that you are the last person I'd want as a co-host, why would you say such a thing?

In real money or just $R? Also how much?

In neither lol... The cost would be in the points used for the creation of the character.

EXAMPLE: each player, upong creating their character, is given 500 points. You have 3 stats to invest in (Power, Charisma, Wisdom), which influence various aspects of the gameplay. The cap for each stat is 100, so if you max them all out that would cost you 300 points. But then you need to pick the Pokemon you want as a starter, and that will cost you points depending on how strong is the Pokemon you pick, with exra prices to pay for a particularly broken ability: let's say you want Speed Boost Blaziken, that will cost you 100 points + 50 for the Speed Boost ability, so up to now you are spending (counting also the stats) 450 points. Now you need to pick your Perfect Pokemon, that is the Pokemon you can achieve Perfect Link with: same prices as before apply, with an extra cost to pay if the Perfect Pokemon picked is the same as the starter Pokemon (because having the Perfect Pokemon with you since the very beginning would give you an obvious advantage). In our example of Speed Boost Blaziken, to make that your Perfect Pokemon you'd spend 200 more points (100 for the Pokemon + 50 for the ability + 50 because the Perfect Pokemon is the same as the starter one). NOW you need to purchase a power for your warrior, with a very good one costing around 50 points.

Therefore, if you want stats maxed out, a great Pokemon to be both your starter AND you Perfect Pokemon, and a very good power, you'll have to spend 700 points. But when you join in, you are given only 500. This means you have to go without something: someone will choose to settle with a lesser Pokemon, someone else will decide to purchase a lesser power, someone else will just cut down their own stats, and so on. This will not only guarantee diversity (because each player will invest in something different), it will also prevent people from making broken characters.

But these points you spend have no price in terms of rupees or real money lol, it is just a method we use to make sure people create balanced characters...

Edited by Tomas Elliot

In neither lol... The cost would be in the points used for the creation of the character.

EXAMPLE: each player, upong creating their character, is given 500 points. You have 3 stats to invest in (Power, Charisma, Wisdom), which influence various aspects of the gameplay. The cap for each stat is 100, so if you max them all out that would cost you 300 points. But then you need to pick the Pokemon you want as a starter, and that will cost you points depending on how strong is the Pokemon you pick, with exra prices to pay for a particularly broken ability: let's say you want Speed Boost Blaziken, that will cost you 100 points + 50 for the Speed Boost ability, so up to now you are spending (counting also the stats) 450 points. Now you need to pick your Perfect Pokemon, that is the Pokemon you can achieve Perfect Link with: same prices as before apply, with an extra cost to pay if the Perfect Pokemon picked is the same as the starter Pokemon (because having the Perfect Pokemon with you since the very beginning would give you an obvious advantage). In our example of Speed Boost Blaziken, to make that your Perfect Pokemon you'd spend 200 more points (100 for the Pokemon + 50 for the ability + 50 because the Perfect Pokemon is the same as the starter one). NOW you need to purchase a power for your warrior, with a very good one costing around 50 points.

Therefore, if you want stats maxed out, a great Pokemon to be both your starter AND you Perfect Pokemon, and a very good power, you'll have to spend 700 points. But when you join in, you are given only 500. This means you have to go without something: someone will choose to settle with a lesser Pokemon, someone else will decide to purchase a lesser power, someone else will just cut down their own stats, and so on. This will not only guarantee diversity (because each player will invest in something different), it will also prevent people from making broken characters.

But these points you spend have no price in terms of rupees or real money lol, it is just a method we use to make sure people create balanced characters...

Sounds great can't wait to play.

But now that x/y is out can we use gen 6 pokemon?

Of course, Gen 6 is actually the reason why I have waited this long to get this roleplay started... I was waiting for info on Gen 6 Pokemon to be available on Bulbapedia, Pokemon DB, and the likes!

Now everything is more or less set, we still need to adjust some details but I am confident that we'll be able to get this roleplay started next week...

Of course, Gen 6 is actually the reason why I have waited this long to get this roleplay started... I was waiting for info on Gen 6 Pokemon to be available on Bulbapedia, Pokemon DB, and the likes!

Now everything is more or less set, we still need to adjust some details but I am confident that we'll be able to get this roleplay started next week...

Can't wait. Conquest is my fave spin off.