[spoiler] Blacksteeple Castle Soft Lock Bug

FerrousOxide

I fixed a save file for someone they had gotten stuck in the throne room of blacksteeple castle as when they attempted to leave it would tell them 'Neveds room is not this direction' however they could not trigger any event further into the throne room.

They where currently in control of Emma, looking at the events they where on step 66, and the door appears to no longer let someone leave that room once you are on step 64 of the blacksteeple quest, however the trigger to fight Neved does not occur until step 81, so they where trapped in the room with no event to trigger farther in, but unable to leave.

I dont know if maybe they werent supposed to get into that room in the first place at that point and maybe glitched their way in to get themselves stuck, or if you can literally just walk in and get stuck.

• Like 1

So now that ive made it through blacksteeple myself, that place is kind of a mess, if you do anything at all that isn't on the beaten path you will encounter a bug, most of them seem to be minor and wont hinder your progress, and almost all of them are during the portions of the game in which you are supposed to be controlling Emma.

These include:
-loosing a fight as Emma will cause you to revive as your own character with your own party
-going to any part of the castle that is not the direction of the story will result in that section of the castle appearing as the non-emma portion (IE when controlling Emma at night to go get the key, if you go the library first it will suddenly be day again, interacting with the purple book shelf will cause it to read Sakis note, but with your characters name replaced with Emmas)

-Various walls that can be completely walked through, such as if you go to the battle room you can walk directly into the crowd from the arena area

On 7/20/2021 at 7:03 AM, FerrousOxide said:

I dont know if maybe they werent supposed to get into that room in the first place at that point and maybe glitched their way in to get themselves stuck, or if you can literally just walk in and get stuck.

You can actually just walk in and get stuck, I just did.

Valarie says to go battle Neved and get the key, so I went to the throne room where he was supposed to be, and got stuck. I reset to an older save, went back, talked to everyone on he bottom floor, inspected as many things as I could, saved, went back to the throne room and got stuck. Then I loaded up the save and went outside the castle, which caused the guards to appear again as if nothing happened, so I walked in and out of Neved's room, the guards were out cold again, I went through the same process as last time, and... got stuck for the third time.

I have no clue what I'm missing here but so far it seems to be easier to get stuck than to trigger the fight. Do you have any tips?

Are you currently in control of Emma at this point? If so you arent actually supposed to fight Neved yet, instead go to the room that is to the right of the throne room to find him.

If you link your save that you have that isn't in the stuck spot yet I can take a look and see what step you are on and exactly what you need to do next,

All solved! I downloaded the patch 13.0.2 and ended up resetting to an even earlier save file (before talking to Neved for the first time). The problem was that in the previous patch the library wasn't updated for some reason, and I couldn't progress. It all seems to work fine now.

Before that, however, I got stuck in Neved's room. Re-entering it after rescuing Aelita softlocks you, as you can neither go to the throne room nor exit it. Emma says "No need to back this way..." (sic). 

Just putting this out there for those who were softlocked as well.