Music changes in v13

ThiroSmash

I've noticed that all team Xen admins now share the same theme, which appears to be an original Rejuv theme?

It's alright, but imo kinda forgettable. I get that Zetta and Madelis were just using Lyssandre and Archie/Maxie themes, but reused or not, those were absolute fire and still made the admins fights that much more engaging. Their new shared song doesn't achieve nearly the same result.

And then I got to the Chrysalis Manor. What was before the perfectly calm, yet mysterious and creepy Po town theme now has been replaced with... A team skull remix??? Why???

Idk. I'm loving V13 so far, but these changes in music choice are definitely not the reason. Granted, I'm still at chapter 3 and I know that there are new cool original themes somewhere in the game, so that might change.

Does Blacksteeple still keep the Snowbelle City remix? That's one of my favourites right there.

• Upvote 1

Also Rorrim B's battle music changed which is, well, okay, it kinda fits, but honestly I liked his old one better plus it was funny that he was basically a reference to Mirror B. with his name, battle music, etc.

((and i guess i just don't really like most of swsh soundtrack, which is not helping))

But hey, you can always change the music yourself and/or wait for an update of the Battle Music Pack

And most of the time I like Rejuv's choice of music, and the new version has been great so far, so there really isn't much to complain about

3 hours ago, alisekoroleva said:

Also Rorrim B's battle music changed which is, well, okay, it kinda fits, but honestly I liked his old one better plus it was funny that he was basically a reference to Mirror B. with his name, battle music, etc.

((and i guess i just don't really like most of swsh soundtrack, which is not helping))

But hey, you can always change the music yourself and/or wait for an update of the Battle Music Pack

And most of the time I like Rejuv's choice of music, and the new version has been great so far, so there really isn't much to complain about

Unfortunately, since all of Xen admins' themes are now a shared "Xen Executives", if I wanted to keep all their previous ones I'd have to change it every time I battle them.

What is that Battle Music Pack though? I haven't heard of it.

I disagree hard on this take. Zumi outdid herself on these new tracks (gym leader, xen grunts, xen executives and many more) and I love them so much that I've been listening to them almost everyday since it came out. I guess it depends on the person itself, but those new xen tracks are so fitting for the characters.
Also, the team skull remix you're talking about suits the ambience of the place. It's giving off somekind of mysterious and spooky vibe, but those vocals are maybe too much :D

While I do agree that remixes from GlitchxCity are top-tier, it gets kind of boring when you listening to them almost in every fangame, so + to dev team for doing original things 🥰

10 minutes ago, ZeptoCZ said:

I disagree hard on this take. Zumi outdid herself on these new tracks (gym leader, xen grunts, xen executives and many more) and I love them so much that I've been listening to them almost everyday since it came out. I guess it depends on the person itself, but those new xen tracks are so fitting for the characters.
Also, the team skull remix you're talking about suits the ambience of the place. It's giving off somekind of mysterious and spooky vibe, but those vocals are maybe too much :D

While I do agree that remixes from GlitchxCity are top-tier, it gets kind of boring when you listening to them almost in every fangame, so + to dev team for doing original things 🥰

I'm not against having original themes for this game, and I don't blame Zumi for not being on par with literally some of my favourites themes in the entire franchise. The Xen executives theme is good, but for me it's hard to top USUM's rainbow rocket tracks which were the previous choices, plus all three admins now sharing the same theme is kinda repetitive, so it was a bit of a letdown is all.

The new gym theme is pretty fire tho, I'll give her that.

That team skull remix is still bs though I mean in what world are Indriad and Guzma even remotely similar

1 hour ago, ThiroSmash said:

Unfortunately, since all of Xen admins' themes are now a shared "Xen Executives", if I wanted to keep all their previous ones I'd have to change it every time I battle them.

What is that Battle Music Pack though? I haven't heard of it.

This:

There's also another one, but personally I haven't used it

In theory, you can make different characters have different themes by messing with trainer clases but I don't really know any details

Yeah... I just went back and changed quite a few tracks with the old magic from V12. The soundtrack in that game was just about perfect. The route music outside Sheridan particularly. As for fight music, well, I replaced quite a bit, actually. Especially the gym music, which was horrible. I am so glad I replaced it before fighting the gym in V13. The old gym music is perfect for Rejuvenation.

Also, I could not agree more about the executives. Madelis' theme was GOLD for her. It brought life to her scenes and fits her character exactly. That one needs to come back. The new theme is WAAAAY to serious and there is no taking Madelis seriously. She's basically a Jessie without her James.

• Like 2