Pokemon rejuvenation starter choice for v13

kambing

I haven't played pokemon in a while and I wanted to play Rejuvenation so I waited for v13 to drop. At first, I wanted to pick a gen 8 starter but now I'm not too sure.

I picked Cyndaquil in Reborn and really liked it, but I feel like I didn't use it to it's fullest potential and want to pick it again but at the same time I could also pick something else for a change.

I know Grookey might be really good because of Grassy Surge but I don't really want to use a Rillaboom. I'm seriously considering Scorbunny but I also feel like using other fire types I haven't used in a while.

Any ideas based on availability of other mons or any other factors? 

As for starters I don't want to pick: Any of the gen 1 starters, Blaziken or Rillaboom.

1 hour ago, Faint said:

Cyndaquil is great late game as typhlosion eruption kills so much. But most starters are available later on already so it kind of doesn't matter which one you pick.

So would it be smarter to pick a gen 8 starter then, since we don't know if any are available yet?

1 hour ago, kambing said:

So would it be smarter to pick a gen 8 starter then, since we don't know if any are available yet?

If I have to guess grooky and scorbunny would probabaly not be avaialable or available super late game since they are pretty useful.  Sobble would probably be available mid/late game considering it isnt that strong like the other 2 staters.

• Thanks 1