How do you like your guide formats?

Myrrh

Which style do you prefer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Preference

• Within the topic and spoiler tagged into subsections.
    • Within the topic without spoiler tags and all laid out.
    • Google Docs
    • Google Excel
    • Other

This is for me to get a gauge on what the community prefers for future reference as I'll be taking it into account for when I update my RP guide whenever version 13 comes out.  Also feel free to suggest what else you'd like added as I plan to add Karma point related gains and decreases to it as well already.  If you pick other, then please say what that is as I can't very well know what that other means without you telling me what you have in mind.

Here's my preference order, with commentary:

- In-thread with spoiler tags is probably what I'm most interested in. It gives me the flexibility to only see the sections I care about at any given time without having to skip through 400 screen lengths, and I imagine it's probably more data-friendly for mobile users (if lazy loading's been implemented, which I don't know if it has).

- Between "in-thread with no spoiler tags" and Google Docs, I'd probably slightly prefer in-thread, just because it's one fewer click, but this is not a strong opinion either way.

- There are some things for which Google Sheets is really good - if you've seen the spreadsheet for Reborn that lists every Pokemon's availability, that's a great example. It's easy to sort and easy to find what you're looking for. There are other things for which it is really terrible, and I expect that something like tracking karma points falls into this category.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears what I have been doing is what people prefer going by these results.  This doesn't necessarily mean I won't include a google docs version for those with that preference, but I will be placing primary focus on the usual style.  Given that the old guide is also archived and I can no longer make edits to it, it'll end up being a whole new topic created whenever that time comes.  I'll be pushing it out when I am finished going through version 13 myself as I like to go through the game so that I can best place the progression of the events as they come up and any update generates the possibility of altered states of past events or even brand new ones that may have not existed before.

The main idea for what I will include is:

1) Character relationship points

2) Karma points

3) Explanations of what each are and their effects on events

4) Character specific dialogue options, such as the one Aevia has with Hippowdon

5) Debug menu and how to access it as this is the only means to really check it, so I feel it is necessary to give people the opportunity to do so within a guide in relation to those things.  It's actually easier to get debug working on this version than before so this shouldn't cause as many issues as it had before for some people.

As always, I am always open to people giving me suggestions, offering criticism to my layout, or asking me any questions.  Feel free to message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I generally can.

• Upvote 1