Is sandstorm go brrrr a good strategy against Titania?

Vinepple

I have noticed that since Titania start the battle with hail A. Sandslash should i counter her by using a sandstorm team ? And if so which mons are the dream team member for this ? 

Mons I currently have that could fit the team: Sandslash, Excadrill, Krookodile, Quagsire, Gastrodon, Semitoad, Hippowdon, Toterra, Swampert, Whishcash, Golem, Golurk, Ryhperior and Garchomp ( Traded, not mine lol)

Don't see why it wouldn't work. But honestly outside of Excadrill you don't really need Sandstorm being active..

Hippowdon, Excadrill, Krook (intimidate), Swampert, Quagsire are all good picks to use against her. You could grab a Fire-type against her Scizor because of it's 4x weakness, Fire-type moves are the most effective option against it. Would recommend Seeded Arcanine as the Intimidate + Morning Sun allows for a pretty clean switch-in. Flare Blitz / Morning Sun / Extreme Speed / Close Combat is what I would recommend. Would also serve as a solid starter against her Sandslash. Don't think you need more than 1 Close Combat for it. Wouldn't seed it if you start with it, though. It dies immediately after when she sends in her Excadrill.

Swampert can handle Klefki and Aegislash. So could Hippo.

Krook can deal with Aegislash, seed it and it can deal with others as well.

I would recommend getting Lucario. Will be great against her Empoleon, Sandslash and Excadrill. Seed it and go nuts right off the bat.

Flygon is also a strong pick to deal with her Excadrill, Klefki and Aegislash.

Just abuse Magical Seed in this battle and it won't be too difficult a fight for you.

Lead with Seeded Lucario to take down Sandslash, if she swaps in Exca then you swap in Max Def Smooth Rock Hippo, then swap in your Seeded Exca, give it Jolly + max atk+spe and take hers out, if she swaps in Scizor you could swap in Seeded Arcanine. She'll likely go Empoleon, so Close Combat it and then swap in Lucario when Arcanine faints. Then it's just Klefki and Aegislash left.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Siv said:

Don't see why it wouldn't work. But honestly outside of Excadrill you don't really need Sandstorm being active..

Hippowdon, Excadrill, Krook (intimidate), Swampert, Quagsire are all good picks to use against her. You could grab a Fire-type against her Scizor because of it's 4x weakness, Fire-type moves are the most effective option against it. Would recommend Seeded Arcanine as the Intimidate + Morning Sun allows for a pretty clean switch-in. Flare Blitz / Morning Sun / Extreme Speed / Close Combat is what I would recommend. Would also serve as a solid starter against her Sandslash. Don't think you need more than 1 Close Combat for it. Wouldn't seed it if you start with it, though. It dies immediately after when she sends in her Excadrill.

Swampert can handle Klefki and Aegislash. So could Hippo.

Krook can deal with Aegislash, seed it and it can deal with others as well.

I would recommend getting Lucario. Will be great against her Empoleon, Sandslash and Excadrill. Seed it and go nuts right off the bat.

Flygon is also a strong pick to deal with her Excadrill, Klefki and Aegislash.

Just abuse Magical Seed in this battle and it won't be too difficult a fight for you.

Lead with Seeded Lucario to take down Sandslash, if she swaps in Exca then you swap in Max Def Smooth Rock Hippo, then swap in your Seeded Exca, give it Jolly + max atk+spe and take hers out, if she swaps in Scizor you could swap in Seeded Arcanine. She'll likely go Empoleon, so Close Combat it and then swap in Lucario when Arcanine faints. Then it's just Klefki and Aegislash left.  

Ok thanks. The reason that keep me from doing is that my team is under level as hell like all of them are lv. 74- 75 by the time i reach her gym ( Mostly because i beat Adrienn with an even lower level team lol ). But thanks nonetheless 

7 minutes ago, Vinepple said:

Ok thanks. The reason that keep me from doing is that my team is under level as hell like all of them are lv. 74- 75 by the time i reach her gym ( Mostly because i beat Adrienn with an even lower level team lol ). But thanks nonetheless 

Go farm the repeatable trainer(s) at the Grand Hall for some easy cash and experience.

I've played through the entire game with a Sand Team before, and I'll just say that while it is good against Titania, there are a couple of problem Pokemon she can use. The biggest of which is her own Excadrill, which can basically just pull a reverse and you and proceed to smash your entire team if you aren't ready for it. It has Sand Rush too, and is above your level cap, meaning that it has a solid chance of outspeeding your own Excadrill if they end up facing off, unless yours has a speed boosting nature, which isn't usually recommended for a sand team. If that happens you are in for a world of pain.

I prefer rain against Titania for that reason.

5 hours ago, wcv said:

I've played through the entire game with a Sand Team before, and I'll just say that while it is good against Titania, there are a couple of problem Pokemon she can use. The biggest of which is her own Excadrill, which can basically just pull a reverse and you and proceed to smash your entire team if you aren't ready for it. It has Sand Rush too, and is above your level cap, meaning that it has a solid chance of outspeeding your own Excadrill if they end up facing off, unless yours has a speed boosting nature, which isn't usually recommended for a sand team. If that happens you are in for a world of pain.

I prefer rain against Titania for that reason.

Whichever Nature fits the battle you're about to go into is recommended. If you know you need the extra speed the that's what you do.

But in any case, if speed is the issue then it's really just about who sends out their Excadrill last. Whoever does that, wins the match-up because of Magical Seed Shield effect. +1 is most definitely going to OHKO the other Exca.