Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Are hidden abilities in the game?

HowlHex

Question

5 answers to this question

Yeah, I usually choose Torchic as my starter because I love the Bulk Up/Speed Boost combo on Blaziken. I just keep resetting until I either get a female with which to breed later, or hope to get lucky with a good IV Torchic with Speed Boost.

As Phips19 said, you can use an Ability Capsule to get a Hidden Ability. I don't think it's a random shuffle, though. I think it goes in a specific pattern, so you might not get the HA on the first try

On 6/7/2021 at 2:32 PM, SilverOwl271 said:

As Phips19 said, you can use an Ability Capsule to get a Hidden Ability. I don't think it's a random shuffle, though. I think it goes in a specific pattern, so you might not get the HA on the first try

Yep. Ability shuffling with an Ability Capsule will always go in a specific order, if you want to know it you can check the mon in question on Bulbapedia (EDIT: check the PBS files instead, I found that Hawlucha's order was mismatched between Reborn and Bulbapedia and it's possible this is the case for other mons). For example, Pachirisu is Run Away -> Pickup -> Volt Absorb (HA) -> Run Away. Hidden abilities are always the last ability.

In Reborn, every ability has an equal chance of appearing, including the hidden ability. Going back to Pachirisu, when you first get it you'll have a 1/3 chance at Run Away, 1/3 for Pickup, and 1/3 for Volt Absorb.

• Like 1