Prof. Oak challenge in Pokemon reborn. Anybody up?

barath1989

Hello All.

Am a newbie here. This is my 1st post.

So far am enjoying this reborn game

Coming to the topic, I am just curious to know if anybody here ever tried out the Prof. Oak challenge in Pokemon reborn?

if anybody wondering what is Prof.Oak Challenge it is very simple . catch&evolve every pokemon obtainable at that point before you face a gym. (basically acts like a checkpoint) Basically get it registered in your pokedex. I have seen some YouTube videos of it for the mainstream games done by some youtubers. It takes a lot of grinding time&patience. Definitely not for competitive battlers& speed runners.  

Potential obstacle for this challenge With this game having level caps for pokemon before we face gym leaders. if we level up more the pokemon disobeys us in battle. Hence switch training is one option, for example: its easy to have your starter's middle evolution before the first gym. however for reaching its final evolution  lots of patience and luck is required till you obtain a badge. one way i followed tackling the gym leaders is leveling up them to a max level cap allowed.  having six pokemon of level 20 for facing 1st gym leader and boxing all the rest Pokemon which were fully evolved & over leveled at that time.  Training the over-leveled Pokemon was a nightmare, had repeated battles in the battle hall trainers . 

In my own experience, its very tough.. just 2 official badges (though i already beaten the beryl gym leader), but 30+ in game hours already. 
seen: 252
owned: 86

still i got way more to cover& tons of Pokemon waiting  to evolve. Will keep you all updated on my progress on this difficult challenge.

Anybody else trying out a similar kind of challenge in this game can please share their experience. 

Edited by barath1989
Added content

That sounds like just horrible grinding but good luck! By your rules you need to get Noivern before Julia and no Great Hall opponents, which is just ridiculous madness for me and a big No No^^ Maybe consider using mod to increase the XP earned after each fight? I guess it breaks the challenge a bit but would save you hours and hours of grinding.

Yes i was thinking about consider using mods too considering the experience factor and as you rightly mentioned certain exceptions like Noivern would break the challenge. But that's the catch of this challenge. It requires immense patience.

Wouldn't this be incredibly hard in Reborn due to the level cap? I mean, to get Pokémon like for example Noibat from level 20 to 48 when it's not obeying your orders doesn't seem fun to say the least 😛 but you do you, good luck!!

I actually usually play reborn as a modified Prof. Oak's Challenge, only keeping mons within the level cap. Nothing gets over leveled to evolve everything is the highest evolution the cap would allow. It's a pretty fun way to play the game, and allows you to have a wide variety of options to use at any point in the game - which is *great* for Reborn. Still takes a lot of time and patience to do, but it's not as maddening as a normal Oak's Challenge.

A way to make this a bit more time consuming as a normal Oak's Challenge without having to deal with breaking the level cap - catch every possible Pokémon before each badge and train them all to the level cap, even after they evolve. You are only permitted to get the next badge when every mon you have is at the cap.

20 hours ago, Kixur said:

I actually usually play reborn as a modified Prof. Oak's Challenge, only keeping mons within the level cap. Nothing gets over leveled to evolve everything is the highest evolution the cap would allow. It's a pretty fun way to play the game, and allows you to have a wide variety of options to use at any point in the game - which is *great* for Reborn. Still takes a lot of time and patience to do, but it's not as maddening as a normal Oak's Challenge.

A way to make this a bit more time consuming as a normal Oak's Challenge without having to deal with breaking the level cap - catch every possible Pokémon before each badge and train them all to the level cap, even after they evolve. You are only permitted to get the next badge when every mon you have is at the cap.

Good idea buddy, i would try that if i find normal oak challenge too hard at some point of this journey.