Rock Smash available right away without TM?

Greyman

I've just started the game and have wandered over to the area of Junction bridge where I found a couple of smashable rocks. Pressing them just for the heck of it, I was surprised to find that I could instantly smash them. Is this a bug? Am I meant to be able to smash right off the bat? And also, I've gone down until I found boulders that can be pushed using strength. I checked them, and seems I can't use strength off the bat, just rock smash. 
Asking this just so I can know if I should abstain from smashing rocks until I find the appropriate HM/TM. Wouldn't wanna do game breaking on accident.

Yeah, it seems like it. You're supposed to get rock smash after the first gym badge. Don't know what's going on, maybe redownload the game to see if it fixes it? In case something similar happens with other HM's.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, late post since I just didn't use them to break the game until after I had the respective HM and badge for each, but out of all the abilities, I was capable of using rock smash and dive both right away without any golden items, or hms, or required badges, even.

I played the game with the latest version, so I suppose this should be written down as a bug that while not game-breaking, does indeed enable you to do things ahead of current progress. Just a fyi.

• 2 years later...

hey i feel really stupid .. im 12 gyms in .. and i cant find the rock smash HM ... to make it even worse i just started a new game and im this far .. the previous game i wasnt this far and i had it already and i cant for the life of me remember where i got it if anyone cud help id greatly appreciate it