Can't beat Shelly, been 2 week, changed up my team like 3 times now. and no tactics seems to work, please can i have some help. (SOLVED)

boredom fool

This so stupid, I've been trying for 2 weeks to beat shelly and have keep failing. read a bunch of tactics online, train 3 different Pokémon to level 30+

i really need some help about how to approach this gym leader with the pokemon i have, because the most pokemon i have defeat in its team is 4, just. 

my team line up atm is 

Stoutland Lv.34 (ability scrappy) 

work up 

helping hand

crunch 

thunder fang 

Unfezant lv. 34 (ability super luck)

roost 

detect 

quick attack

air slash 

Ampharos lv.34 (ability static) 

thunder punch 

confuse ray 

electro ball 

take down 

Raticate lv.34 (ability hustle)

super fang

cut 

quick attack 

crunch 

diggersby lv.34 (ability huge power)

rock smash 

take down 

mud shot 

double kick 

torracat lv.32 (ability blaze)

double kick

ember 

fire fang

roar

i also have level 32 noctowl and ponyta as well level 34 dunsprace. and also lv.28 espurr (i tried the whole fake out tactic against rain dance, didn't really help.)

also have telluric seed, ability capsule, focus sash, but ran out of money to buy potions. 

i usually go in with stoutland and unfezant. unfezant takes out Illumise with air slash and quick attack. stoutland takes out Masquerain in 1-2 moves with thunder fang. then Anorith comes out and things kinda go to shit. i can either use detect or swap straight to diggersby to avoid rock slide. its honestly been kinda random with pokemon comes after masquerain usually volbeat which stoutland can't beat with volbeat high defense and sp defense (or hp idk either way it doesn't do enough before it get kills of by rock slide.) sometimes it yanmega if unfezant dies before masquerain, which fucks up taking out diggersby cause giga drain, and dunsprace dig does jackshit, its just a good buffer pokemon using roost and waiting out rain dance. 

either way i'm stump and would really appreciate the help so i can finally move on with this really cool game. 

Edited by boredom fool

go get yourself a persian, meowth is found outside the grand hall. The reason anorith is annoying is swift swim, if you use fake out on the illumise, it cant rain dance and unfezant can finish it with air slash. Anorith without Swift Swim is slow enough that focused attacks should take it out before it can move. 

if you're still having trouble, go under opal bridge towards the railnet on a rainy day to encounter a pansear, flame burst can ignite the forest field, and without rain dance to put it out. It will hurt everything on the field and stop her bug moves being boosted.

also ampharos is one level away from learning Power Gem. don't be afraid to over-level to evolve or learn certain moves, then common candy back to the level limit. Incineroar might help too.

1 hour ago, boredom fool said:

This so stupid, I've been trying for 2 weeks to beat shelly and have keep failing. read a bunch of tactics online, train 3 different Pokémon to level 30+

i really need some help about how to approach this gym leader with the pokemon i have, because the most pokemon i have defeat in its team is 4, just. 

my team line up atm is 

Stoutland Lv.34 (ability scrappy) 

work up 

helping hand

crunch 

thunder fang 

Unfezant lv. 34 (ability super luck)

roost 

detect 

quick attack

air slash 

Ampharos lv.34 (ability static) 

thunder punch 

confuse ray 

electro ball 

take down 

Raticate lv.34 (ability hustle)

super fang

cut 

quick attack 

crunch 

diggersby lv.34 (ability huge power)

rock smash 

take down 

mud shot 

double kick 

torracat lv.32 (ability blaze)

double kick

ember 

fire fang

roar

i also have level 32 noctowl and ponyta as well level 34 dunsprace. and also lv.28 espurr (i tried the whole fake out tactic against rain dance, didn't really help.)

also have telluric seed, ability capsule, focus sash, but ran out of money to buy potions. 

i usually go in with stoutland and unfezant. unfezant takes out Illumise with air slash and quick attack. stoutland takes out Masquerain in 1-2 moves with thunder fang. then Anorith comes out and things kinda go to shit. i can either use detect or swap straight to diggersby to avoid rock slide. its honestly been kinda random with pokemon comes after masquerain usually volbeat which stoutland can't beat with volbeat high defense and sp defense (or hp idk either way it doesn't do enough before it get kills of by rock slide.) sometimes it yanmega if unfezant dies before masquerain, which fucks up taking out diggersby cause giga drain, and dunsprace dig does jackshit, its just a good buffer pokemon using roost and waiting out rain dance. 

either way i'm stump and would really appreciate the help so i can finally move on with this really cool game. 

If you want you can post your safe file here, and I'll figure out a way to beat her, and describe it step by step. It's easier than to theorize with the sets you have posted.

Hello!

Additionally, don't be afraid of level too much your Pokemon. I see that Torracoat is close to evolve. If you have a spare Ability Capsule, you can switch his ability to Intimidate, which will help you in every Double Battles.

If you get past level 35 during the fight, your Pokemon will still obey you. Otherwise, you can grab Common Candies in the Sweet Kiss Candy Store in Obsidia Ward.

If you joined Magma Gang, you'll get a Buizel during an event. Buizel has aqua jet, a priority move which can OS anorith.

Spoiler

Magma gang's alleyway is close to the night club, on Grand Stairway map. Once you joined it, you'll have to meet them again in a Lapis Ward house, then assault an old lady house to steal Buizel.

But reading your team comp, I think you choose the Aqua Gang because you have Ponyta (maybe there's another way to get one at this time of the game than joining Aqua Gang, that's why I talked about this strat).

Why not use this strat differently, with a pokemon with good speed and a Water attack (I don't think water type is needed, because Rain + Anorith low defenses  should be enough to OS it) and the focus sash to avoid dying on the turn he attacks you. You'll need good speed to be sure to attack before Shelly's second pokemon. Keep in mind that the telluric seed gave Anorith one turn of Spiky Shield.

This strat should also works with a Steel or Ice attack.

Another strat that worked for me is Swalot. Stockpile, Toxic, Take Down and Sludge. Shelly's Pokemon don't have an attack super effective on poison type. If you're able to set up Swalot on the first two pokemon and have some potions, you can tank all her team easily with Swalot. I generally combine both strats (Swalot + a Water attack on Anorith) and Shelly is no big deal with this (but she gave me a lot of trouble in my first run too, you're not alone pal).

Edited by Kab
Forgot the seed.

22 hours ago, LilyX said:

If you want you can post your safe file here, and I'll figure out a way to beat her, and describe it step by step. It's easier than to theorize with the sets you have posted.

heres the file if you wanna give it a shot. for now also going to evolve torracat, teach amparhous power gem  and grind for some money. 

Game - 48 - emochild69 - 15h 6m - 2 badges.rxdata