The mysterious case of Eli and the Magnolia library

Nocturne93

Hello everyone. While replaying Rejuvenation recently, I noticed two interesting things I hadn't noticed earlier. Spoilers ahead for certain parts of the game, so don't read further if you haven't finished version 12 yet! 

Spoiler

First, after you defeat Eli and Sharon in Goldenwood Forest, you will encounter them again in the Carotos laboratories while teamed up with Keta to rescue Aelita. Sharon will give you the key you need, but Eli is confined in some sort of stasis pod. Sharon says she will rescue him, but we don't know what happens after that. At first glance it looks like Sharon succeeded in rescuing him, because you'll encounter the duo again later in the game.

However, did Sharon really rescue Eli or is something else going on? When you visit the Cliffside Graveyard(the place where you can find Litwick) there's a certain tombstone with the name 'Eli' on it. Coincidently, the graveyard is close to Sheridan and Carotos Mountain. Is the real Eli dead or am I missing something here? 

The second strange case I noticed was the Magnolia library in East Gearen City. The Magnolia library is sponsored by the Blakeory family and the NPCs inside the library are generally positive and thankful for the knowledge the Magnolia library provides. Nothing strange here, so far. 

After the Grand Dream Express becomes operational again you can go back to Gearen. The city is being renovated, but the library is still there. The NPCs seem to act very different, though. Most of them are pessimistic or hostile and the lady behind the front desk doesn't recognise you at all. Also, some NPCs say the library was realised because of the efforts of the 'People's Coorperation'. No one mentions the Blakeory family anymore. Did all of this change so suddenly because of the time travelling(and altering some future events)? 

• Like 1
  • Hmm 5
  • Upvote 1