Simple Easy Mode Mod(changes levels)

KeinNiemand

This mod reduces the level of all trainer pokemon by 20% to reduce difficulty. Also increases trainer base money reward to compensate for the lower levels.

It dosn't change wild encounters, teams, moves , ... 

This mod is for 18.4.3 of Pokemon Reborn (latest test build)

Incompatible with any Mods that modifiy trainers.dat, trainertypes.dat or trainerlists.dat.

Compatible with any mods that don't modify These files like my remove disobidience mod that removes the level cap: 

Download Link (90% of original level): https://keinniemand.com/index.php/s/wccW5j69ZMZda2K

Download Link (80% of original level): https://keinniemand.com/index.php/s/8oCWYfHzX3e4c72

Download Link (70% of original level): https://keinniemand.com/index.php/s/9kgbEC9kSRx5DiE

I wrote a program to change the trainers.txt to create this mod so creating a diffrent version of the mod for a larger/smaller decrease in level or even a increase in levels is pretty easy. Ask If you want a version of this mod with a diffrent level decrease/increase. Github link to the patcher program.

• 3 weeks later...

THANKS A LOT!!!

I picked up the game a few days ago and liked it, it was hard, yes, but it was a cool setting and realy interestingly written. But after coming across the first PULSE-TANGROTH I remembered, that I had allready played this game a few years ago. A fre hours later I remembered it even more clearly within the questline to sace the officers and remembered that I dropped this game because I wasn't able to proceed but didn't knew quite why and where but it was near... it was... after 17 hours in the game I reached the 3rd PULSE-TANGROTH fight, the double-battle one... and I was totaly deminished, turned into a pile of rotting goo... it was the place I left the game those years ago. But I wanted to know the story of reborn, to explore the porld and my part in it, though I NEVER played pokemon competitive before, I hardly knew of EVs and IVs (I knew they existed but not what they actually do and how to train or breed them) or what "sweeper" or "wall" realy ment (I had an idea because I watched a few matches and knew about hazards and statslevels and such basic stuff).  But in most games I even didn't thought that much about natures (Outside of mostly prefering to get neutral ones). All I realy did as "strategy" was type-matcthing, builing my team in a way that I have an "answer" to every type, that's bacisly it... but that wasn't nealy enough to get far in THIS game.

I struggled my way through the first gym by using my Froggadiers Ability and the move "Lick" to turn it into a ghost type so Explosion and stuff wouldn't hurt me, I had a looooong duel against Flobot untiul ther last Pokemon defeated itself via "Struggle" while I stalled out with Onix., I blinded the first and second PULSE-Tangroth with a bunch of Smokescreens until I could slowly but steadily punch into its Healthpoints... that was challenging but still okay... BUT (there are a lot buts, lol) ... now after coming to that point again that I coudln't get over then and still couldn't get over now I started to try to do EV-Training, and found more strategies in my movesets like hitting multiple opponents to speed through the first of their Mons so I keep reccources for Tangroth, but it was to no effect, they just demoliched every effort with ease and painfull laughter in my head. BUT (the last "but", I swear) YOU gave me an opportunity to finaly being able to enjoy the story of PokéMon Reborn even if I suck as a competitive player. Now the Game is still better suited for me and those like me. I just FINALY defeated that 3rd Tangroth and... It still wasn't a complete cakewalk, it was still a challenge, but now (oops, another "but" jist sneaked its way in) it was just a fair one. So THANK YOU FOR THAT. :3

EDIT: After playing further I remembered that my first run back then actualy ended at the Bug-Gym, so I was now even weaker as back then xD

Although, due to ur Mot I am now way further. But while the Gym Battles now are way better managable, (though I still needed to EV-Train my Houndoom for Shade). But now the normal Trainers outside feel a bit unterpowered, but ok ^^ everything has it's up and down sides, still a great Mod.

Edited by Enjiro Redfox

Never mind, the game is still damn hard even at 80% levels -.- I'm now at Kiki's Gym and she demolishes my entire party with ease.

Her Hitmonlee outspeeds even my Speed-EV trained Greninja! and sweeps my team, and even if I defeat that, Lucario will finish the job against me -.-

*sigh*

Edited by Enjiro Redfox

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 5:16 PM, Enjiro Redfox said:

Never mind, the game is still damn hard even at 80% levels -.- I'm now at Kiki's Gym and she demolishes my entire party with ease.

Her Hitmonlee outspeeds even my Speed-EV trained Greninja! and sweeps my team, and even if I defeat that, Lucario will finish the job against me -.-

*sigh*

I've uploaded a 70% and a 90% version If you want to make it even easier you could also use my remove disobedience mods which let's you level as much as you want and win by overleveling.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much! The 90% is perfect for me. I wanted to play and get invested in the story, but not feel like I had to check Smogon every five seconds and keep resetting to make sure my pokemon were amazing perfect beings for high tier competitive play. Now I can finally focus on enjoying the game without the constant frustration of retrying over and over!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! - Hope I'm not too late to the party. So, I'm a returning player after a very long time and unfortunately I do not have my original save anymore, and I certainly don't have the patience or time to start from scratch - my question is..

Can I safely use this mod to breeze through part of the game then uninstall it once I caught up and have the original difficulty restored for the rest of it? :)

EDIT: And if so, how can I properly uninstall it? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 2:40 AM, Solandris said:

Hello! - Hope I'm not too late to the party. So, I'm a returning player after a very long time and unfortunately I do not have my original save anymore, and I certainly don't have the patience or time to start from scratch - my question is..

Can I safely use this mod to breeze through part of the game then uninstall it once I caught up and have the original difficulty restored for the rest of it? :)

EDIT: And if so, how can I properly uninstall it? 

You can to unistall just replace the files the mod replaced with the original files.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

WIth that password it might be unecarry to update this mod to E19 depends on how the password works exactly. Does the password keep the money rewards from trainers the same? In Pokemon Essential Trainer money reward depends on their highest level pokemon so just lowering levels would decrease money rewards.
If the lowers money reward I might try to make a mod that changes how the password works so money reward stays unaffected. 

I'll probably try to update my Remove Disobidience Mod for E19 eventually. I'm just not looking at this forum very often so I havn't seen that E19 has been released.

• 6 months later...