Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Taka and zeL

Reborn Issam

Question

I'm having a difficult time battling Taka and zeL there exeggcute and glaceon are easy because my monferno and noibat easily sweep them there both lv 30 well monferno is lv32 noibat is  lv30 but the hard part is there espeon and chatot because first if my monferno's attack doesn't oh ko the chatot, espeon will use psybeam bringing it down to red and then the chatot uses chatter to oh ko my monferno and if it does oh ko the espeon will use psybeam bringing my monferno to the red and i have no potions and can't buy any because I have £46 on me :c and then when he brings out the pulse tangrouwth both my noibat and monferno can't stand it bbecause this is what happens I use flame wheel on the pulse tangrowth and air cutter I admit it does do much but then the espeon uses psybeam killing my monferno then the pulse tangrowth goes for acid spray on noibat and ko's my whole team :c

5 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Reborn Issam said:

I'm having a difficult time battling Taka and zeL there exeggcute and glaceon are easy because my monferno and noibat easily sweep them there both lv 30 well monferno is lv32 noibat is  lv30 but the hard part is there espeon and chatot because first if my monferno's attack doesn't oh ko the chatot, espeon will use psybeam bringing it down to red and then the chatot uses chatter to oh ko my monferno and if it does oh ko the espeon will use psybeam bringing my monferno to the red and i have no potions and can't buy any because I have £46 on me :c and then when he brings out the pulse tangrouwth both my noibat and monferno can't stand it because this is what happens I use flame wheel on the pulse tangrowth and air cutter I admit it does do much but then the espeon uses psybeam killing my monferno then the pulse tangrowth goes for acid spray on noibat and ko's my whole team :c

My team is this Lv. 26 roselia Lv. 32 Monferno Lv. 30 Noibat Lv. 14 Mareep (I am too lazy to grind it up and evolve to ampharos) If I evolve to ampharos at lv30 will beating the chatot be any easier?

Hey, calm down with the posts. It’s not because you post several times that you’ll get a faster answer. 

Anyway: I wholeheartedly recommend that you get Ampharos. It’s a ludicrously good mon (power-wise and bulk-wise) compared to the kind of enemies you’re facing. There should be Grand Hall Trainers that you can beat over and over to get the xp and some money faster (maybe save-scum in case you lose, though, they can be tricky if you’re not prepared enough). 

For the rest of the battle, I suggest that you focus on destroying one enemy side first and make the other mostly powerless to harm you. This way you’re always two-on-one. So you could T-Wave the Exeggcute and kill the Eeveelutions, and only then let Taka unleash Chatot. And if Taka switches to Chatot early, Ampharos can likely deal with it.  But you should avoid to be against two aggressive mons such as Chatot/Pulse and Espeon. 

• Like 1

if Chatot is your issue, try buying some Persim Berries from the department store in Obsidia, and slapping them on whatever your bulkiest mons are (in this case give Mareep a few levels, at least get it to 25 or so, if not 30 for Ampharos). Chatter's 100% confuse rate is no longer an issue as you can easily tank a Chatter and hit back without having a 50/50 chance to dunk yourself.

you can also use Soundproof Loudred if you happened to pick up the Whismur event, or Own Tempo mons like Numel, Spoink/Grumpig, and Glameow/Purugly that don't need a berry.

the most niche option would be Mist/Misty Terrain, not much learns it by this point but if you have it then any grounded mon will be immune to status in that terrain.

and of course - Electric types like Pikachu (risky one but it works), Luxio/Luxray or your Mareep are ideal.

in this case 100% your solution should be training Mareep otherwise you're going to get absolutely curbstomped by Corey team anyway, all your mons rn get one-tapped by his ace's Venoshock and can't outspeed it, not to mention his other 5 mons, most (all?) of which ALSO know Venoshock