Challenge Run Questions

DaPika2

Challenge Run Questions  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What Should The Basic Rules Be For My Challenge Run? (You can select Multiple AND suggest extra rules in the comments)

• 1 main type team (preferably only Grass, Fire, or Water, so I can utilize my starter)
    • No PokeCenter healing: No free healing in PC unless I black out OR No Saving until completing a gym (doing both would be too difficult for my tiny brain)
    • Limited team members: (1 to 6) although preferably more than 1
    • Poke Balls ONLY: no great/ultra balls or any special poke balls
    • No Healing: No items that heal HP/PP 
    • Broken Leg Rules: No Running, Biking, Or Speedup
    • No Held Items: What do you think it means
    • Shadow Pokemon Only: Pokemon other than my starter must be caught as a shadow pokemon. Purification is still allowed
    • No Box challenge: My team is the first 6 Pokemon I obtain
    • Multi-Type Rules: I can only use 1 pokemon of each type, Multi type pokemon count as both types.
    • Dog Mode: I must play the game using Only Dog Pokemon (OH GOD WHY)
    • Catch Clause: 1 Pokemon catch per area, 
    • I don't Care
  2. 2. Can the EXP all be used?

• Allow Usage of the EXP all
    • Don't Allow Usage Of the EXP all
  3. 3. Can I use Sack Pokemon (worthless ones not allowed in battle) for HMS or do I have to grind out the Golden HM items

• GRIND IT OUT
    • Useless HM Slaves are allowed

So I want to ask 1 more thing before I turn off for the night, I have heard a lot of people talking about challenge runs of this game on intense difficulty. I want to try it out but I want to ask other people what I should use as any extra rules, like forcing me to use one type or being unable to use the PC until I black out. Of course I do not plan to attempt to use a Nuzlocke format seeing as I expect that to be a tad annoying for an inexperienced noob like me on intense difficulty. I'm going to leave a list of different rule suggestions and I would like to see what this community has in offer of a unique challenge, of course, if I complete the challenge I will share my save file so anyone could load it and prove its legitamacy, of course its not 100% proof but I would at least like to see peoples feedback on my team as well as suggestions on how to continue the playthrough. Rules can be selected in the Poll, Like what Starter I should use what MC and what Starter

SPECIFICATIONS LIKE MC NAME AND STARTER NAME AS WELL AS SUGGESTED SETTINGS OR EXTRA RULES SHOULD BE PUT IN THE COMMENTS.

Last but not least to close off this is I would love to have people attempt the run with the same rules alongside me. I will try to leave a general update to how my progress is coming as well as my team at the time. Either way I would love to have fun trying to beat this challenge.

(DISCLAIMER: I leave no garuntees that I will finish the run before V13 but if I don't I will do my best to transfer my save and continue from there, but lets be honest thats a tad unpredictable.)

Edited by DaPika2

I will be Starting the Challenge Run Tommorow (Hopefully) on 1/2/2021, I've always wanted to do a challenge run of this game so I'm crossing my fingers I can start the year strong with it. Of course, This Isn't possible without Feedback and Support So I would love to be able to turn on tommorow and have suggestions so I can start the run. Once it's started I will post updates of the Run on either this topic or a new topic, so look forward to completing the run alongside me or just assist in my probably mentally challenging challenge run. BY THE WAY, if the challenge run is too easy, or you feel the rules selected for the run are dumb then rules for the challenge can be changed, but not based off my opinion, but yours. I may be in charge of the run but your in charge of the rules so I may ask everyone if I could remove a rule and you guys could just say screw me and add a new rule, of course in all scenarios majority rules. I would love to see this run turn into a fun project with the community of this game rather than a boring run with 0 support and 0 suggestions. Now I am going to go lay down before I start typing another paragraph and I look forward to seeing potential ideas for my challenge run I will be taking on.

Might as well go Monotype Nuzlocke with itemban, and im not sure you could complete the shadow pkmn run, you need to at least beat 2 gym with it and you can't fight a gym with shadow pkmn

Well it COULD be possible if I solo the beginning gyms, of course that would be extremely difficult using a rare candy to push past basic level locks I could theoretically get a high level mon and sweep the first gyms (with good rng of course, the only problem would be it not listening for a majority of the remainder of the run

Based off the current submissions chikorita (of all the starters) will most likely be my starter for the run as well as using the aero character sprite, The Rules will probably be

• No healing items 
  • 1 type team (grass)
  • and 1 pokemon per area (multiple encounters ARE allowed so I can catch grass pokemon but only one capture per route)

Since this is early in the run Any changes in the poll about the rules can be changed, if they gain 25% or higher, other than that though the rules stated above will be used, 

Edited by DaPika2

When I submit Team Updates, (about what pokemon I have in my team) you may suggest a nickname for them in wich I will bring them to the name changer and change them (unless I'm in a part of the game where its innacessable)