Pokemon Status for Episode 10

GenshiD

So, I've been wondering....Will Ame start including Gen 6 mechanics and Pokémon with episode 10, thus waiting till after XY come out to release it? Or stick with Gen 5 for a while, and start on Gen 6 mechanics for episode 11 or 12?

Either way, I have a few suggestions for some mechanics...

For one, Mega Evos....

I dont know how close to the real game you can take them, but when all else fails, my suggestion would be the Giratina Model...Pokemon holding Mega Stone would be Mega right away even out of battle.....Like when Giratina holds Griseous Orb....

Then you ask "What is keeping player from having a full mega team?" My answer, Mega Maniac House!....A place where the player can get a different Mega Stone by TRADING IT for its current one, which of course we have to find!

My second question is about Fairy Type....When included, will pokemon that gain the new type (Gardevoir, Mawile, etc) remain the gen 5 type IF WE CAUGHT THEM already? The same for movesets...Say Mawile learns Bite, Vicegrip,Leer and Slash at level 20 (I know it doesnt)....And with Gen 6 mechanics and Fairy type, it learns Vicegrip, Fairy Wind, Leer and Slash at Level 20, meaning it learns a new move between levels he did not before....Will the moveset change? Or will the moveset stay the same and we'll need to move tutor the new level up move it is suposed to learn? It may sound confusing, but I cant explain it better :P

Edited by GenshiD

Suggestion to the mega forms, maybe a building that you have to sacrifice a pokemon for the megastone, my example you bring a venisaur and they can put it soul into the mega stone, you will get a "venisaurite" but warning you won't be able to get it venisaur back, so hope you created a baby bulbasaur first, it will allow it to be semi challenging....

So, I've been wondering....Will Ame start including Gen 6 mechanics and Pokémon with episode 10, thus waiting till after XY come out to release it? Or stick with Gen 5 for a while, and start on Gen 6 mechanics for episode 11 or 12?

For one, Mega Evos....

I dont know how close to the real game you can take them, but when all else fails, my suggestion would be the Giratina Model...Pokemon holding Mega Stone would be Mega right away even out of battle.....Like when Giratina holds Griseous Orb....

Then you ask "What is keeping player from having a full mega team?" My answer, Mega Maniac House!....A place where the player can get a different Mega Stone by TRADING IT for its current one, which of course we have to find!

My second question is about Fairy Type....When included, will pokemon that gain the new type (Gardevoir, Mawile, etc) remain the gen 5 type IF WE CAUGHT THEM already? The same for movesets...Say Mawile learns Bite, Vicegrip,Leer and Slash at level 20 (I know it doesnt)....And with Gen 6 mechanics and Fairy type, it learns Vicegrip, Fairy Wind, Leer and Slash at Level 20, meaning it learns a new move between levels he did not before....Will the moveset change? Or will the moveset stay the same and we'll need to move tutor the new level up move it is suposed to learn? It may sound confusing, but I cant explain it better :P

Mega evolutions aren't going to be out for awhile after gen 6 is released, but type changing and learnset changing is rather simple to do. Ame or I could do that without any trouble, and I suspect she'll do that as soon as we have the information.

Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data

We need data, if we jump the gun and put in Gen 6 mechanics anywhere near the release date, more than likely we'll come across an error or not fully detailed mechanic.

It's best to know 100% what everything is about in Gen 6 before we code it (we already come across complications starting with the removal of IVs and changes to Hidden Power)

I don't mean to dash your hopes, but don't expect any projects starting up until after a few weeks of the release of X and Y. Even then, don't get any hopes that will be finished in weeks either, it will probably take months (about 3-5 Episodes worth) of research and proper coding.

It doesn't make sense to include Mega Evolutions in the next patch - they're a fairly new concept that will take time to implement. We don't have any of their cries (we don't even know if they're different from the original Pokemon yet), and we only know what a fraction of the Mega Evolutions look like...not to mention the time it would take to sprite them and figure out/implement all of their mechanics.

That and the next episode will probably be released before X/Y.

Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data

We need data, if we jump the gun and put in Gen 6 mechanics anywhere near the release date, more than likely we'll come across an error or not fully detailed mechanic.

It's best to know 100% what everything is about in Gen 6 before we code it (we already come across complications starting with the removal of IVs and changes to Hidden Power)

I don't mean to dash your hopes, but don't expect any projects starting up until after a few weeks of the release of X and Y. Even then, don't get any hopes that will be finished in weeks either, it will probably take months (about 3-5 Episodes worth) of research and proper coding.

This is assuming Maruno doesn't release another update containing all of the things that we fixed + some gen 6 stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer your question, I believe that is a yes. Episode 10 will be out soon. Ame told me it will be around the release of X and Y, so it would make sense.

For one, Mega Evos....

In case you all havent noticed, there is the new gym. The broken down one that came with ep 9? Yeah, that is a fairy type gym. Likely fairy type will be added to existing pokemon, so everyone can get used to them, but moves and new pokemon will not be available until maybe ep 12, from what I can expect. Getting the sprites is extremely difficult.

• Administrators

That was my goal, to get it out before X and Y but I'm not completely positive I'll be able to meet that goal at this point.

This is largely due to the fact that Ame apparently enjoys making more work for herself in the form of creating irrationally complex puzzles and dungeons and creating the entire graphics for an area from the ground up and splitting the episode in half and then expanding both halves and she needs to stop.

• Administrators

Oh, the actual content length? I can probably answer that.

Firstly, bear in mind that each past 'episode' is just the gameplay between each gym. In general, this has followed area-area-gym pattern. For instance, the first episode: Exploring Peridot-Meteor Factory-Julia's Gym

Most 'episodes' have held to that length or somewhere around there. The second was actually... four areas. But the third was two, fourth was two... so on and so on.

With episode ten, depending on how you count it, it's two or three areas before the gym. However, this is supplemented too by an entirely-sidequest area.