Role playing sub forum?

Shanco

Since I'm not near a computer and my iPhone does not let me open the full version of the site where I can comment on statuses (piece of junk), I'll make up a thread about it here.

Just browsing through the status updates and noticed Color's idea for a role playing area on the forums. And I totally 100% endorse this with the kind of community we have.
We're all creative (s'far as I know) and we can all get along pretty well for the most part, which would be great for making something like this happen. Don't know where'd we start or what we'd do, but I'm sure it will be Pokemon-related (although it certainly does not have to be). I could think of a ton of other reasons but, quite frankly, it's the morning and anyone who knows me won't be expecting much of me for another hour or two. So let's just talk it over here!

(Well, I guess this thread is a good place to start :P)

EDIT: Poll has ended, there will be a Roleplaying subforum created sometime soon. [Haruka]

I agree that a role playing sub forum would be pretty fetch. Especially when you consider that the gym leaders are basically already RPers. That said, a good RP requires a good set of mods, and it might be unfeasible for the current mods to have an even larger burden. If this idea is to move forward, I'd suggest enlisting dedicated mods specifically for the RP section.

I would be glad to patrol over the forums, and of course there has to be a set of rules that everyone should follow.

The basics, y'know.

I really merely suggested it because I see a lot of people like to write and it wouldn't be right to clutter up all the other spaces right?

I would be glad to patrol over the forums, and of course there has to be a set of rules that everyone should follow.

The basics, y'know.

I really merely suggested it because I see a lot of people like to write and it wouldn't be right to clutter up all the other spaces right?

It wouldn't be necessary, I mean the rule thing would be but we have enough forum staff to watch over another section as well.

The writers/creative writing part where they can post is well.. Distortion World, Trainer's Journal, Radio Tower and we even have some in the nightclub.

Stop trying to make fetch happen, it's not going to happen!

Never got into role playing but if people want a forum for it, I don't see why not. Might be fun to try it out too ^^

I was a Roleplayer before. >>; Before I came here my page in Facebook had a lot of Roleplayers and friends. I became really good friends with most of them. I still would be active but sadly a lot of my RPers kinda drifted. The only concern is the...Uhm.....Other "stuff."

...Anyways. I wouldn't mind voting for it! Go roleplayers!

Edited by Cowtao

I was a Roleplayer before. >>; Before I came here my page in Facebook had a lot of Roleplayers and friends. I became really good friends with most of them. I still would be active but sadly a lot of my RPers kinda drifted. The only concern is the...Uhm.....Other "stuff."

...Anyways. I wouldn't mind voting for it! Go roleplayers!

I assume you mean the X-rated RPs?

There are a lot of writers here, myself being one of them, and role playing is also a great way to tailor one's skills as a writer. Not only that, but it can help share ideas and spark creativity amongst the writing community.

It can even help people put scrapped ideas to use, I could go on for a long while about why I believe role playing is a great thing. But, I feel I've made my point.

I would love to interact with the writers of this community more, to help develop and spread ideas. Role playing is just a great way to express one's creativity. I would love to have an involved role playing sub community here, and I would absolutely love to help out in any way I can. I've been role playing on forums and such since I was thirteen years old, I'm going on twenty-one now and still do it.

Role play helped spark my desire to become an author and a writer.

I think a Role Play Sub Forum is a great idea.

Edited by Nutcase