Things to take care of before Agate?

Storm

As the title suggests, I am at the stage where I should enter Agate City. But I want to do all the things before that which are left in Reborn City.

Note: I have all the stickers available upto this point. All my fossils are revived.

The main question is which areas will be made inaccessible even after I return to Reborn? I heard that Grand Stairway will be inaccessible. Is this true? If so then I will actually do the second round of mining before going. Is there other areas like this?

Also I don't remember right but is the next time I return gonna be when the city is restored?

When the city is restored, you'll only lose access to the part of the Grand Stairway that you originally entered from inside the Grand Gates with Cain and Radomus, the part that leads to the Citae d'Astrae. The part that you enter from the Grand Stairway itself that leads down to the sealed door where you first met Solaris is still accessible when you come back. And yes, you're right that the city will be restored the next time you come back.

If you haven't already, I would recommend buying all the Pokemon from the vendor down in 7th Street since the reward you get for that is quite helpful, as well as buying all the Power items (and a decent supply of EV reducing berries) from the Department Store since EV training is also really helpful for winning tough fights.

19 minutes ago, Seal said:

Natu is also unavailable after entering Agate if I remember correctly

Nah there's an event one you can get in the Rhodocrine Jungle via Beryl Cave if the weather is clear (maybe other weathers too, I can't remember) and you do NOT have an Ill-Fated Doll in your bag.

20 hours ago, Storm said:

As the title suggests, I am at the stage where I should enter Agate City. But I want to do all the things before that which are left in Reborn City.

Note: I have all the stickers available upto this point. All my fossils are revived.

The main question is which areas will be made inaccessible even after I return to Reborn? I heard that Grand Stairway will be inaccessible. Is this true? If so then I will actually do the second round of mining before going. Is there other areas like this?

Also I don't remember right but is the next time I return gonna be when the city is restored?

You'll be facing a multitude of gym leaders while cut off from a bunch of key areas...

If I'm not mistaken you should have access to Lapis Ward "Sweet Scent" Flower Shop by now with all the kinds of Seeds that boost in battle.

Stock up on these, I managed to make due myself without them, but they can save you a monumental amount of pain in these upcoming gym battles. 

On 8/22/2020 at 2:53 PM, Rendolf said:

When the city is restored, you'll only lose access to the part of the Grand Stairway that you originally entered from inside the Grand Gates with Cain and Radomus, the part that leads to the Citae d'Astrae. The part that you enter from the Grand Stairway itself that leads down to the sealed door where you first met Solaris is still accessible when you come back. And yes, you're right that the city will be restored the next time you come back.

If you haven't already, I would recommend buying all the Pokemon from the vendor down in 7th Street since the reward you get for that is quite helpful, as well as buying all the Power items (and a decent supply of EV reducing berries) from the Department Store since EV training is also really helpful for winning tough fights.

Cool. I mined all the half mined rock in the Stairway regardless. Also, I was lucky to catch all the available mons in the Dittoceus place. Bought one set of power items and other related important items in the department store. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Backbone said:

You'll be facing a multitude of gym leaders while cut off from a bunch of key areas...

If I'm not mistaken you should have access to Lapis Ward "Sweet Scent" Flower Shop by now with all the kinds of Seeds that boost in battle.

Stock up on these, I managed to make due myself without them, but they can save you a monumental amount of pain in these upcoming gym battles. 

I am not sure if the seeds are available yet. I think they are only available once you come back. I will check again though. I also have never used the seeds till now. So I have some stock in the bag too.

• Upvote 1