Giving all moves more appropriate animations

Chaosocial

This is essentially a miniproject/mod for giving all moves missing animations some placeholder fitting animations using existing graphics that generally fit the idea of the move.

The goal is in no way to faithfully recreate any of the unfinished moves animations, the idea is to give some cool visuals to look at when using your debug-mon running competitive sets and overpowered exclusive moves on underpowered pokemon.

I'm using Reborn's v18.4.1 game.exe to make the edits on debugs animation editor and once i save em i compile the game using the game-z,exe which is pretty speedy in compiling but its animation editor doesn't properly display so i hop between the two.

Any scrapped/unfinished/in-progress .anms using reborn's graphics resources are welcome.

Edited by Chaosocial

Went through some tutorials, and only option seems to be to give default animations by Type which is a pretty meh solution, i'll try cook up some fitting animations for moves generally used competitively using the existing graphics folder assets to have as placeholders until more official animations come out, also considering you @smeargletail are working on your own nicely done animations on some moves, is there a resource for currently in-progress/unreleased move animations that aren't released in reborn yet? That way i can know what moves are soon to get animated so we don't work on the same ones. The goal is to have this as a mini-mod while the game is in progress and also for a bit of move animation practice for myself.

phew, did half of them trying to mix some proper bgs although while i can get geomancy's charging to work for w/e reason the animation for actually using the move won't display even though i've used the format seen in solarbeam/skyattack etc

• Developers
we have almost all moves done and these are the ones we are left/currently working on, sorry for not responding sooner. I am currently working on geomancy but would still love to see
yours if you do one. There are 3 of us doing them so we should be good

Roar of Time-
Fusion Bolt-
Flare Blitz-
Searing Shot-
Razor Wind-
Doom Desire-
Autotomize-
Geomancy-
Lands Wrath-
Oblivion Wing- 
Water Shuriken-
Precipice Blades-
Dragon Ascent-
Thousand Arrows-
Diamond Storm-
Hyperspace Hole-
hyperspace fury-
Power Whip-
Power Gem-
Zen Headbutt-
Thief-
Shore Up-
First Impression-
Darkest Lariat-
Sparkling Aria-
Solar Blade	
Spotlight-
Lunge-
Fire Lash-
Power Trip-
Revelation Dance-
Core Enforcer-
Trop Kick-
Instruct-
Clanging Scales
Dragon Hammer
Fleur Cannon											
Psychic Fangs
Sunsteel Strike
Moongeist Beam-
###############################################################
Supersonic Skystrike
Acid Downpour
Tectonic Rage
Continental Crush
Savage Spin-Out
Corkscrew Crash
Inferno Overdrive-
Devastating Drake-
Sinister Arrow Raid-
Malicious Moonsault-
Guardian of Alola
Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
Stoked Sparksurfer
Genesis Supernova
Catastropika-
Clangorous Soulblaze
Splintered Stormshards
Let's Snuggle Forever 
Searing Sunraze Smash 
Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom

Damn, yeah noticed it too as i went through the animation editor, i'll still mess around with missing ones or some abysmal looking old ones like solarbeam, considering i've been porting some gen8 moves that use existing mechanics i'll put that elbow grease there. Checking the work that's been done for Z-moves really impressed me, guess with some creative movement and positioning one can simulate these dynamic 3d effects.

Just wish there was a CTRL+F in that animator editor in debug, half the time i'm scrolling up and down to check if there's a needle arm animation i can tweak for grass knot.

Edited by Chaosocial