Shelly is actually imposible

Medry

Im wondering if anyone could trade me anything below level 35 that might help me do shelly? (phrasing)
I did finish this game at episode 9 a long time ago and my strat for beating her back then (burn the world down) does not seem to be working, wich is annoying because i spent alot of time leveling this fugly nummel for no reason i was planning on setting it free after shelly just on princable

• Haha 1

Thats exactly what i did, then use nummel to flame burst wich worked, but her illumise wont go down with one hit no matter what i use, if i use my spooky owl, my nummel doesnt matter she always survies, the one time i did crit her, she just summoned the spider type pokemon she has (not good with names of newer gen pokemon) and cast rain with that

When i last did this game i do not remember shelly being this hard, it was the second gym that killed me, but that was a breeze this time

Setting up burning field is a solid strategy but a combo of Cherrim and Jumpluff works even better. Cherrim's sunny day locks Shelly's A.I. into consistently using rain dance on Illumise while Jumpluff gets the atk boost from flower gift while sun is up to sweep with acro. Just need to spam 2 moves.

There's three possibilities :

1. Use Pokemons good at physical attacks having Telluric Seed.

2. Have a Water type Pokemon and/or Electric type with great speed.

3. Use a Murkrow or Liepard with ability Prankster learning Taunt to prevent Rain Dance users.

P.S.: I don't know if that works but you must give it a try.

These would not be ideal but Graveler for having both study and moves like rollout worked well for me but are inconsistent.

Status one pokemon during most double and focusing non-status ones usually would work but is difficult to pull off on this gym.

Still imo the hardest gym battle, try what is suggested above if you haven't already.

Good luck!

Edit: Specified that these suggestions are heavily luck based at best. Easiest method would likely be the Cherrim and Jumpluff strat listed by Darkhorse.

Edited by SinnohianGible
Recognized flaws in initial strategy suggestion

1 hour ago, SinnohianGible said:

Would also suggest Graveler for having both study and moves like rollout if need be.

Perhaps try to status i.e. paralyze or sleep one opponent while focusing fire on all the others?

Still imo the hardest gym battle for me.

Good luck!

No, Graveler has double weakness to Grass and Water type moves. It won't last much longer against a Bug type having Grass type or Water type move. Besides, it's still risky to use status condition during Double Battle.

Just now, RoyChaos said:

No, Graveler has double weakness to Grass and Water type moves. It won't last much longer against a Bug type having Grass type or Water type move. Besides, it's still risky to use status condition during Double Battle.

That is true, was just trying to share if it helps that when I went through that gym despite the x4 weakness I had a sturdy graveler that was surprisingly invaluable despite such weaknesses.

As for status, there is that risk but can pay off though its more of a desperate, unreliable last resort.

There's always Telluric Seeds and Prankster Murkrow which would likely work much better.

I used to think Shelly was hard until I tried the method I described above. Manipulation of the A.I. (specifically her Illumise) turns her double battle into a single battle between the mon beside Illumise and your 2nd mon. Using Sunny Day also changes the field to rainbow denying her Anorith both the attack buff from telluric seed and speed buff from swift swim.

Dam i did not expect this many replies,
i did finaly manage to do it, my friend told me to catch that electric sheep pokemon, level it till it go power gem, then go through the gym on easy mode, and it worked it killed 4 of her pokemon without any issue, just had to kill heather and that fossil bug thing she had (again terible with poke names if it aint gen 1, my apologies)

My first time I used the rain aginst her with my water starter, knowing it be slower then her and then boom! Dead buggys. Aside from her water bugs of corse, I think I lucked out with an electric type against them lol.