Shiny Egg question

NirdBird42

Hello! I'm relatively new to Reborn, and I got an axew egg from an npc in the city. Trying to shiny hunt before it hatches, but is this possible? In the actual pokemon games, you can't soft reset for a single egg, b/c the shininess is determined the moment you get it from the daycare person. Is that the same here? Or will I be able to soft reset for a shiny?

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, NirdBird42 said:

Hello! I'm relatively new to Reborn, and I got an axew egg from an npc in the city. Trying to shiny hunt before it hatches, but is this possible? In the actual pokemon games, you can't soft reset for a single egg, b/c the shininess is determined the moment you get it from the daycare person. Is that the same here? Or will I be able to soft reset for a shiny?

Thanks in advance!

No it's the same here. However, if you really want a shiny I could trade one

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NirdBird42 said:

I appreciate that! I'm ok though, just glad to stop wasting my time on this egg LOL

The egg you have isn't a waste of time, you can breed it for a shiny after you've rescued the daycare couple and bought Ditto on 7th street if the Axew you hatch is male. 

If it's female, it's in the Monster and Dragon egg groups and can breed with a handful of the starters:

https://serebii.net/pokedex-sm/egg/monster.shtml
https://serebii.net/pokedex-sm/egg/dragon.shtml

I'd estimate that at least half of my shinies are bred. 

Edited by Devilish