Monotype Fire

Savs

So I'm almost done with my rock mono-type (intense mode, set, no bag items) and I was wondering if a fire mono was possible on here using the same rule set. I mean, I feel like Valarie will just completely wall me especially on her field. Using only what's available up until that point, is this impossible? I can't seem to think of anything.

Blaziken or Delphox can help you here, choose whichever. Make sure you have a pokemon with screens and maybe toxic for that chip damage. A drought user can help you out here, this one has to be in the first. The rest, in whichever way. 

On 7/1/2020 at 12:06 AM, Savs said:

So I'm almost done with my rock mono-type (intense mode, set, no bag items) and I was wondering if a fire mono was possible on here using the same rule set. I mean, I feel like Valarie will just completely wall me especially on her field. Using only what's available up until that point, is this impossible? I can't seem to think of anything.

What did you start the rock mono with?

Theres no rock types until you beat the garbador in the sewers.

As for fire mono, it's very viable. You get a ton of variety before the first 2 gyms.

Edit: let me check what you can do against val

Farm pascho berries to lower damage of water moves, so you can take at least 1 hit.

You can set up tailwind with Talonflame/oricorio and then just smash through most of her frail team. This is going to be hard, but i think its possible to win.

Talonflame: Galewings acrobatics nuke

Flareon: guts boosted facade

Houndoom: Boosted thunderfang + destiny bond

Rapidash: megahorn + hypnosis

Blaziken: highjumpkick

Also you can breed fennikin to get psychic terrain, and then fuck up val while thats up.