Solaris triple battle

Atg303

So I'm at the point where you battle the two team meteor grunts, then fern and Blake, and then Solaris and a meteor commander with Florina and I beat the first two pretty much every time but I can't get past Solaris and the commander. I get Solaris to his garchomp but in order to do that I have to pretty much ignore the other guy's pokemon and I end up not having anyone left to finish off the other guy's team and Florina is pretty much useless. 

My team:

Lvl75 Swampert, Damp: Waterfall, Surf, Earthquake, Sludge Wave

Lvl75 Noivern, Infiltrator: Dragon Pulse, Boomburst, flamethrower, Fly

Lvl75 Alolan sandslash, slush rush: Icicle crash, cut, brick break, shadow claw 

Lvl75 Arcanine, Flash Fire: Flamethrower, Thunder fang, Crunch, strength 

Lvl75 Mawile, Sheer Force: Crunch, Iron head, Play rough, last resort 

Lvl75 Furfrou, fur coat: Grass knot, dark pulse, cotton gaurd, retaliate 

Any suggestions?

You should change some of your abilities, like Damp to Torrent and Flash Fire to Intimidate. (Mawile might also be better with Intimidate, but then damage output would be much lower)

Also status moves are very useful, your only one is Cotton guard. You should think of using some more.

Don't leave useless moves like Cut, Strength or Fly on your mons, especially Fly on Noivern since it's a special mon. Teach them some other, more useful TMs for important fights if you have any good ones. Normal attacks are usually unused since they can't hit anything super effectively, so better go for any other type to gain more coverage.

For example Hail for Sandslash cause of its ability.
Maybe Bulldoze/Snarl for Arcanine, especially in combination with Intimidate it's great for doubles.
Air Slash/Hidden Power/Tailwind for Noivern (honestly, Tailwind can be really good!). (Hidden Power is weak, but still better than Fly)
Also Sucker Punch could be helpful on Mawile, priority moves are always very helpful.
You don't really need special moves on Swampert, so replace Sludge Wave and Surf with Bulldoze/Rock Tomb/Rock Slide/Protect. (First 2 are TMs you have by then, so those would be easier, but last 2 need move relearner).

Edited by Edo

Well congrats for beating Swalot then 😄 yeah it's normal to struggle here. Game really starts to get hard.

If you have no problem with Fern/Blake, which is where most people have trouble, then you could change your starting mon to prepare more for Solaris/John. If the wiki is right, their leads are Scizor/Whishcash. If flobot takes care of whishcash, can't you lead with noivern or arcanine to deal with scizor?

Then at this point, id say the best bet is to try a few times to see who is dead weight on your team, then replace it. See who can deal with his late mons (whats your answer to chomp?) and try to keep that mon healthy during the fight. Maybe see if you can have a way to focus down John, while Solaris is stuck using a non-threatening mon.

Edited by Beaufils

10 hours ago, Beaufils said:

Well congrats for beating Swalot then 😄 yeah it's normal to struggle here. Game really starts to get hard.

If you have no problem with Fern/Blake, which is where most people have trouble, then you could change your starting mon to prepare more for Solaris/John. If the wiki is right, their leads are Scizor/Whishcash. If flobot takes care of whishcash, can't you lead with noivern or arcanine to deal with scizor?

Then at this point, id say the best bet is to try a few times to see who is dead weight on your team, then replace it. See who can deal with his late mons (whats your answer to chomp?) and try to keep that mon healthy during the fight. Maybe see if you can have a way to focus down John, while Solaris is stuck using a non-threatening mon.

I beat that battle, Alolan sandslash and noivern were the counters to chomp