Zetta and geara ghost mono

!!yxnT

Anyone have any tips for beating these two on Valor Mountain?

My usable pokemon are:

Spoiler

Mismagius@hard stone

destiny bond

shadow ball

mystical fire

power gem

Gengar@poison barb

sludge bomb

shadow ball

destiny bond

giga drain

Mimikyu@ghost gem

shadow claw

play rough

wood hammer

swords dance

Alolan marowak@thick club

bonemerang

flare blitz

shadow bone

brick break

Chandelure@charcoal

heat wave

shadow ball

magma drift

will o wisp

Decidueye@miracle seed

sucker punch

leaf blade

spirit shackle

nature power

Oricorio

revelation dance

hurricane

air slash

feather dance

I've tried only going for Zetta but that usually just ends in my team getting destroyed by krookodile, mega gengar and gyarados. I can't just focus on Geara either, because then I get swept by typhlosion and dragonite. I can't change the terrain either because no ghost types learn bounce or fly naturally and changing it to a mountain or volcanic field is useless. Melia screws up all the strategy I try to use because her pokemon always go for clefable while I try to sweep Zetta, which just leads to Geara sending in gyarados and moxie sweeping my entire team. I've tried this fight 20 times and the furthest I've gotten is killing all of Zetta's pokemon and killing mega gengar and krookodile. 

I still think you should change the terrain, cause their teams are tuned best to the volcanic top field and just taking that away helps immensely. If you teach Marowak Dig and get a Froslass with Blizzard you could turn the field to the Icy field (or even melt it to the Water surface if that would give you any advantage or disadvantage to them).

Or use Hypnosis to win some time and momentum.

Edited by Edo

5 hours ago, Edo said:

I still think you should change the terrain, cause their teams are tuned best to the volcanic top field and just taking that away helps immensely. If you teach Marowak Dig and get a Froslass with Blizzard you could turn the field to the Icy field (or even melt it to the Water surface if that would give you any advantage or disadvantage to them).

Or use Hypnosis to win some time and momentum.

I just checked, and alolan marowak couldn't learn dig until gen 8. The only pokemon that get it in gen 7 are shedinja, sableye and trevenant. Sableye isn't even available yet, basically every opposing pokemon can kill shedinja and trevenant isn't fast enough or bulky enough to even get the chance to use it. I tried changing the field to a mountain field, but that just make their rock slides hit even harder. My froslass is too frail to live more than one turn, so a snowy mountain is out of the question unless I get 2 froslasses(froslassi?), which just wastes two party slots in return for a field that barely even helps the rest of my team. Unless I hack and give myself a golurk with fly, it's impossible to permanently change the field into something that actually hurts the other team. 

10 hours ago, !!yxnT said:

I just checked, and alolan marowak couldn't learn dig until gen 8. The only pokemon that get it in gen 7 are shedinja, sableye and trevenant. Sableye isn't even available yet, basically every opposing pokemon can kill shedinja and trevenant isn't fast enough or bulky enough to even get the chance to use it. I tried changing the field to a mountain field, but that just make their rock slides hit even harder. My froslass is too frail to live more than one turn, so a snowy mountain is out of the question unless I get 2 froslasses(froslassi?), which just wastes two party slots in return for a field that barely even helps the rest of my team. Unless I hack and give myself a golurk with fly, it's impossible to permanently change the field into something that actually hurts the other team. 

yeah mountain based fields have similar effects so they are still in favor to them, and they can easily change it back with Typhlosion's Eruption, hence why i suggested to use Dig to get a cave field. In a cave you only need one Blizzard to change the field. (You could go as far and melt the Icy field with Heat wave, then get a Jellicent to use Dive to get an Underwater field. That will make all of their pokemon except their Gyarados and Jellicent pretty useless.)

Also try seeds to increase your Defense if you can't survive an attack.
Maybe try using Ominous wind until you get the boosts, then try to sweep as much as possible.

Edited by Edo

On 6/20/2020 at 4:50 AM, Edo said:

yeah mountain based fields have similar effects so they are still in favor to them, and they can easily change it back with Typhlosion's Eruption, hence why i suggested to use Dig to get a cave field. In a cave you only need one Blizzard to change the field. (You could go as far and melt the Icy field with Heat wave, then get a Jellicent to use Dive to get an Underwater field. That will make all of their pokemon except their Gyarados and Jellicent pretty useless.)

Also try seeds to increase your Defense if you can't survive an attack.
Maybe try using Ominous wind until you get the boosts, then try to sweep as much as possible.

I tried getting 2 froslasses and a seeded trevenant, but even that doesn't work. Usually I can get one blizzard and dig off before Melia's togekiss dies. Then she just sends in her hydreigon and spams heat wave, which kills Minior and lets the typhlosion come in on a volcanic field, leading to my entire team getting swept. Even if I get lucky and manage to keep the krookodile and minior alive, Melia's togekiss always ends up dying, which then makes hydreigon come in and ruin my entire strategy by changing the field. I can't kill her hydreigon with blizzard because the game doesn't let you aim moves that hit multiple pokemon. 

2 hours ago, !!yxnT said:

I tried getting 2 froslasses and a seeded trevenant, but even that doesn't work. Usually I can get one blizzard and dig off before Melia's togekiss dies. Then she just sends in her hydreigon and spams heat wave, which kills Minior and lets the typhlosion come in on a volcanic field, leading to my entire team getting swept. Even if I get lucky and manage to keep the krookodile and minior alive, Melia's togekiss always ends up dying, which then makes hydreigon come in and ruin my entire strategy by changing the field. I can't kill her hydreigon with blizzard because the game doesn't let you aim moves that hit multiple pokemon. 

hmm, the only other strategy i can think of is to use Drifblim with Minimize/Stockpile/Baton pass. But that will take lots of resets to succeed.