"Unobtainable" Pokemon

ToDie

Hi there,

at the moment I am trying to complete my Pokedex. I love to find everything by myself, so I do not use the spreadsheet that contains all Pokemon locations. However, I have one concern. Can it happen that you progress in the story and thereby miss a unique chance for a Pokemon? I heard that this can be the case for Azurill but I picked up the required item in old Reborn city. But what about Natu/Xatu? I only have the dex entry for Xatu which shows the Great Stairway. Could it be that the area where Xatu can be found is not accessible anymore AND that Natu can nowhere be found? Please dont tell me where to find it, just yes/no if it is still possible or not.

Are there other Pokemon that can be missed? Of course, I didnt kill static encounters and I know that most legendaries are not obtainable (yet).

Thanks, and please dont spoiler me 🙂

There's a static encounter for Natu in the Rhodocrine Jungle through the cave in Beryl Ward and it will appear if you don't have an Ill-Fated Doll in your bag. Also if you haven't beaten the 9th gym at this point you can go to a subsection of the Grand Stairway where you have a chance of encountering Natu.

If neither of these work then I can just trade you a Natu.

18 minutes ago, Node15 said:

There's a static encounter for Natu in the Rhodocrine Jungle through the cave in Beryl Ward and it will appear if you don't have an Ill-Fated Doll in your bag. Also if you haven't beaten the 9th gym at this point you can go to a subsection of the Grand Stairway where you have a chance of encountering Natu.

If neither of these work then I can just trade you a Natu.

Bruh... OP literally said not to tell them. (Although it is kinda difficult to find that out on your own, with the additional item restriction.)

Edit: I think this event can be bugged, last time I tried it didn't work at all.

Other than Natu, I believe you can miss Whismur and Azurill (if you didn't pick up the Sea incense). Both can only be gotten pre-restoration

Edited by Edo