Game crashed and now gives error when loading

DylPikkled

I was playing through pokemon spork and got to the search center in the ice town. I was doing some of the science lab missions and was in the middle of the mission in cyber space. I found 2 scientists and one initiated battle with me and then the second trainer brought up a menu about adding a trainer and if I said no, it had me loop battle the other person. To get out of the loop, I just selected alolan diglett  at level 10 for their pokemon. The game then crashed and now every time I try to boot up the game I am give the following error message: 

--------------------------- Pokemon Spork --------------------------- Exception: RuntimeError Message: Expected a species name: File PBS/trainers.txt, line Compiler:2216:in `pbCompileTrainers' Compiler:2209:in `each' Compiler:2209:in `pbCompileTrainers' Compiler:2186:in `loop' Compiler:2322:in `pbCompileTrainers' Compiler:4111:in `pbCompileAllData' Compiler:4219

When the game was going to crash it said it saved and then it crashed. Does anyone know how I can fix this glitch so I can continue my playthrough with my pokemon? I attached the trainers file if that helps identify the issue. Thank you!

trainers.txt

I’ll look into this file when I get home from work, but I can try to briefly explain why that error sometimes happened. So, it has something to do with a certain event in RPG Maker AND the trainers.txt file. The “adding a trainer” happens because I made a new trainer class/name on the event but there’s no info on that said trainer on trainers.txt or that I’ve made a misspelling on the trainer class/name. Happens to me most of the time when I playtest stuff on Spork Forest Guardian/DX.

But the way it sounded like is that you’re stuck with this error when you reboot the game. You have to send your save file from your Saved Games folder, which is called “Game.exe”. Don’t delete the trainers.txt yet, I’ll try to compare what you have with my copy of Spork 8.

Edit: it seems like you got it to work. Enjoy your adventure!

• Global Mods

In an early upload of episode 8, there were two trainers that caused the "add new trainer" to happen, one of which was the one you mentioned. Portal Agent Trixie (Underwater Hotel elevator and Team Portal HQ) and Scientist Esmeralda (Cyberspace, cyberhacking sidequest). This was because I forgot to change their trainer classes when I made multiple skin tones for trainer and NPC variants. It's possible you had an older download, either from downloading a while ago and just now playing, or from downloading from a different site. If it's the second case, only the links in the Spork thread in this club are official. If you see other sites with download links, they uploaded custom links without my permission or knowledge and they're all outdated. Some of those outdated links are episode 4 and some are earlier versions of episode 8. 

I don't know if you'll come back to see this post but if the information might be helpful if you do or to anyone else I decided to post it