Angie and miss ratios

Sharksuitguy16

Hi, I'm playing Pokemon Rejuvenation v12 and I'm at the battle with Angie in Casual mode. Problem is, whenever I use a move it usually misses. It's really annoying, whenever I'm really close to beating her I miss a move, which usually leads to her sweeping my team. Even 100% accuracy moves miss, is this a bug? The farthest I've ever got is her only Walrein at red health. Here's my team:

Empoleon @ Quick Claw, Lvl 50

- Surf

- Whirlpool
- Aqua Jet

- Metal Claw

Banette @ Muscle Band, Lvl 50

- Shadow Sneak

- Shadow Ball

- Sucker Punch

- Will-o-wisp

Drifblim, Lvl 50

- Stockpile

- Spit Up

- Amnesia

- Shadow Ball

Solrock @ Twisted Spoon, Lvl 50

- Zen Headbutt

- Psywave

- Stone Edge

- Explosion

Amoongus, Lvl 42

- Synthesis

- Toxic

- Sweet Scent

- Giga Drain

Umbreon, Lvl 43

- Moonlight

- Cut

- Bite 

- Quick Attack

I usually start off with Explosion from Solrock, killing her first 2 Pokemon but also killing mine (Solrock and Amoongus). Then I switch into Empoleon (because of Metal Claw) and Banette for chip damage, and this is where the missing starts. Umbreon is used for potion stalling. Drifblim can't tank a hit from any of her Pokemon.

If anyone could help out it would be much appreciated.

Instead of Drifblim you can get Lycanroc in Goldenwood Forest in the tall grass(the form depends on the time of the day and they are really common).Lycanroc is a really usefull pokemon vs Angie. His speed coupled with Rock Slide makes huge holes in her team if they are fast enough.

You can get Fighting Types like Hariyama,Sawk or Pure Power Medicham to break her team.

You can also try to ev train your mons with the evs rooms and the ev reducing berries(you need to do the Missing Children quest) which really helps when you are in Intense Mode.

You can try to IV train if you want but it's not mandatory for that you'll need a Destiny Knot ( in Kakori Village when a girl wants to see a battleship and you show her the Xen Brigade),an Everstone which is found by mining and a Ditto(you'll need to complete the Ditto quest which starts in Sheridan Village with a couple).

I also see that you have a Solrock so I recommend you doing the Alexandra quest in Amethyst Grotto(you'll need Surf and Rock Climb which is accesible just after Angie).

If you still want to use your strategy with Explosion instead of sacrificing your Amoongus you should use  a Pokemon with Protect or a Ghost type (like your Branette).You can even try to set up Screens or Stealth Rock during that turn.

For the moves that miss this caused by Snow veil.

There are some strategies for beating Angie :

-You can melt the field (you can see the moves that melt it in the Field doc) and make one of your mons hold the Magical Seed.That'll trigger Trick Room, your team is realtively slow so it'd be usefull(care beacause if someone uses Blizzard,Icy Wind or Hail is summoned the field will freeze again).

-You can also change the weather to make Blizzard miss and to cancel her Pokemon's hail based ablities(so your moves will not miss) :

Sun with Heat Wave spammers like Arcanine(Growlithe learns it at lvl 41) or Ninetales (egg move).You can set up Sun with Whimiscott (Mystery Egg) or Leafon.

Sand will make your Rock type pokemon's Special Defense raise by 50% so the Blizzard will deal less damage.You can set it up with Gigalith(you can evolve him with a Link heart which can be bought for 10.000 at Oceana Pier) or Onix(you can't evolve it yet because you can't have the Metal Coat until th 8th badge).

-Change her field with Mist(Many pokemon learn it so you'll have to look),Misty Terrain(Mr. Mime or Male Meowstic with Prankster which is even better), Electric Terrain (Togedemaru or Magneton) or Grassy terrain(Roserade or Comfey)

Hope that helped you.