Trying to save Amber

FriarTruck

Edit: I've found a workaround for anyone else who has this problem. Continue up Valor Mountain to obtain the Magma Drift TM, then return to Kakori village and reenter the mountain door at the back of Crawli's gym.

I've got this issue where I can't find Kyogre, Venam or anyone down in the Chamber of Awakening in Valor Mountain, where apparently I need to head down to save Amber.

I've tried interacting with both stones in the cold environment, only get message "Only when the beast is defeated will the ones who awakened it be freed." Also tried visiting with older save files from before entering Valor Mountain for the first time, and

going to the top of the mountain first (Venam goes off at you for leaving him).

I did choose to give the Magma Stone to Cera, which it seems if you don't there's no issue trying to start the Kyogre event.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to save Amber while giving away the stone, or if there's a workaround for this.

Edited by FriarTruck

31 minutes ago, FriarTruck said:

I've got this issue where I can't find Kyogre, Venam or anyone down in the Chamber of Awakening in Valor Mountain, where apparently I need to head down to save Amber.

I've tried interacting with both stones in the cold environment, only get message "Only when the beast is defeated will the ones who awakened it be freed." Also tried visiting with older save files from before entering Valor Mountain for the first time, and

going to the top of the mountain first (Venam goes off at you for leaving him).

I did choose to give the Magma Stone to Cera, which it seems if you don't there's no issue trying to start the Kyogre event.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to save Amber while giving away the stone, or if there's a workaround for this.

Happened the same in my game for some reason.. I think maybe you should go back to the resort and talk to Tesla(?)
I am NOT SURE if this is the true reason, it's just what I thought i should had done

4 hours ago, FriarTruck said:

Tesla flew off awhile ago to save Amber as soon as she was captured, I think the resort is empty of all the side characters atm. WEIRD stuff is going on

My first playthrough I saved Ember and I have NO IDEA what I've done..
Then now in my second the same thing happened to me so I dunno what's the pattern here..

The version 12 changelog says "+Fixed Issue with Kyogre not spawning if you sequence break certain events." so maybe patch 12.1 rebroke the event?

Either way I found a workaround -> return to Crawli's gym and enter the door a second time, after getting magma drift. I'm so glad I don't need to wait for this to be patched to continue my playthrough😁

1 hour ago, FriarTruck said:

The version 12 changelog says "+Fixed Issue with Kyogre not spawning if you sequence break certain events." so maybe patch 12.1 rebroke the event?

Either way I found a workaround -> return to Crawli's gym and enter the door a second time, after getting magma drift. I'm so glad I don't need to wait for this to be patched to continue my playthrough😁

Yeah I figured that as well while I was looking for Zygard cells.. It was actually kinda weird to me tho'.. Since I triggered the Venam cutscene but I alraedy had finished the game up to this point so seeing Venam there talking about saving Amber and then helping Melia was.. Awkward..

• Like 1