Questions about Episode 18 story branches.

SakshamG30

So basically, I've completed the glass factory gauntlet(which was like an hour of hell), I've yet to reach Agate city so please don't spoil that part yet. I compared my play through to HeroVoltsy's episodes of the glass factory ,and noticed some things different. First of all, the dialogue with Anna is drastically different when we try to wake her up. And second Radomus goes into much detail into his backstory than he does for Voltsy by doing the same "It was a long time ago.." platitude. So can someone please tell me what other things are different, and for what scenarios?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SakshamG30 said:

So basically, I've completed the glass factory gauntlet(which was like an hour of hell), I've yet to reach Agate city so please don't spoil that part yet. I compared my play through to HeroVoltsy's episodes of the glass factory ,and noticed some things different. First of all, the dialogue with Anna is drastically different when we try to wake her up. And second Radomus goes into much detail into his backstory than he does for Voltsy by doing the same "It was a long time ago.." platitude. So can someone please tell me what other things are different, and for what scenarios?

The choices you make throughout the game and their consequences. The most useful form, is dialogue change, at certain points. Or story branching. Major story decisions (like siding with Radomus or El) impact Anna's disposition towards the player, especially. Or winning/losing against Solaris' Garchomp, on Pyrous mountain. Other things, like battling Taka or not in Water Treatment, lead to entire story branching with various differences, usually small ones.

The full extend for relationship points is yet to be seen, even decided and designed. Is going to have postgame content aftereffects too, or so it is rumored.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kenneth said:

The choices you make throughout the game and their consequences. The most useful form, is dialogue change, at certain points. Or story branching. Major story decisions (like siding with Radomus or El) impact Anna's disposition towards the player, especially. Or winning/losing against Solaris' Garchomp, on Pyrous mountain. Other things, like battling Taka or not in Water Treatment, lead to entire story branching with various differences, usually small ones.

The full extend for relationship points is yet to be seen, even decided and designed. Is going to have postgame content aftereffects too, or so it is rumored.

Yeah, I know that much, but I was just asking for more detail about episode 18 story branches in particular. Like what triggered Radomus to tell me his whole story and not Voltsy. And what other differences are there?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SakshamG30 said:

First of all, the dialogue with Anna is drastically different when we try to wake her up. And second Radomus goes into much detail into his backstory than he does for Voltsy by doing the same "It was a long time ago.." platitude.

Wow, I didn't even know that the dialogue there changes so much. Maybe it depends on your relationship points to Anna or Radomus?

The part mentioned by Kenneth about battling Taka is the biggest story branching in Reborn so far.

Also the story part with Corey is a little different depending on whether you found all the missing police men or not. If you do, after the Pulse fight he will be caught by the police and his identity as part of Team Meteor is exposed to Heather. Following that, the police will show up at his gym and the field you battle him on is the Corrosive Mist Field.

But if you don't find all the police men, they won't appear at all, Heather doesn't find out his secret and you battle on the normal Corrosive field.

Edited by Edo
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Edo said:

Wow, I didn't even know that the dialogue there changes so much. Maybe it depends on your relationship points to Anna or Radomus?

The part mentioned by Kenneth about battling Taka is the biggest story branching in Reborn so far.

Also the story part with Corey is a little different depending on whether you found all the missing police men or not. If you do, after the Pulse fight he will be caught by the police and his identity as part of Team Meteor is exposed to Heather. Following that, the police will show up at his gym and the field you battle him on is the Corrosive Mist Field.

But if you don't find all the police men, they won't appear at all, Heather doesn't find out his secret and you battle on the normal Corrosive field.

Please read the title 😅, I was asking about ep 18 in particular. As for Corey, I fought him on both fields and it was definitely much tougher on the normal one.

53 minutes ago, SakshamG30 said:

Please read the title 😅, I was asking about ep 18 in particular. As for Corey, I fought him on both fields and it was definitely much tougher on the normal one.

Haha sorry, I kinda thought you meant the whole game in general after E18 release, not just episode 18 specifically.

I only know of two other things that trigger a difference in E18.

First is whether you give Blake the Ruby ring or not. Since giving it to him means you don't have to fight Aster at Ametrine Mountain, you'll instead fight him at the Glass Workshop.

Second is depending on if you battled Taka at WTC. If yes, Titania won't be at Agate helping against Team Meteor because she'll stay behind to take care of Amaria. If you didn't battle him, she will be there and fight them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edo said:

Haha sorry, I kinda thought you meant the whole game in general after E18 release, not just episode 18 specifically.

I only know of two other things that trigger a difference in E18.

First is whether you give Blake the Ruby ring or not. Since giving it to him means you don't have to fight Aster at Ametrine Mountain, you'll instead fight him at the Glass Workshop.

Second is depending on if you battled Taka at WTC. If yes, Titania won't be at Agate helping against Team Meteor because she'll stay behind to take care of Amaria. If you didn't battle him, she will be there and fight them.

That's pretty nice, I didn't know the first one, also either Ciel or Samson dies depending on the ruby ring. I figured some other differences on my own too, Anna's dialogue when we wake her up is the most optimistic during the Zekrom route, in the Reshiram route however, depending if you defeated Solaris or not, she acts differently. If you defeated Solaris, she would be a bit nervous and mentions a broken wing boy but still be determined to fix things. If we didn't defeat Solaris, Anna would basically have a panic attack and apologize to the PC.

Also the extra dialogue with Radomus is probably because of the Zekrom or Reshiram route. In the latter route, his backstory would be more fleshed out, where he mentions the merchant he alluded before was himself(he foreshadows himself, what a egoistical madlad) that stole the keys and turned them into Jewelries. The Emerald Brioche he gave to the Jeweler(my theory is that this Jeweler's daughter was Luna, and Elias erased her memories), the Ruby ring to Corey, the Sapphire Bracelets to Monty and Caroline(both of them gym leaders), and kept the Amethyst Pendant for himself and his wife. Also Nostra, the Jirachi, probably belonged to Anna's mother as well.

Edited by SakshamG30
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cadmium48 said:

Anna's dialogue depends on two factors: Whether you battled Taka at WTC and whether you defeated Solaris's Garchomp on Pyrous.

Radomus's is one I'm not aware of... siding with him vs El, perhaps?

Negative on the second one, I checked. I went into more detail in the comment above.

33 minutes ago, SakshamG30 said:

That's pretty nice, I didn't know the first one, also either Ciel or Samson dies depending on the ruby ring. I figured some other differences on my own too, Anna's dialogue when we wake her up is the most optimistic during the Zekrom route, in the Reshiram route however, depending if you defeated Solaris or not, she acts differently. If you defeated Solaris, she would be a bit nervous and mentions a broken wing boy but still be determined to fix things. If we didn't defeat Solaris, Anna would basically have a panic attack and apologize to the PC.

Also the extra dialogue with Radomus is probably because of the Zekrom or Reshiram route. In the latter route, his backstory would be more fleshed out, where he mentions the merchant he alluded before was himself(he foreshadows himself, what a egoistical madlad) that stole the keys and turned them into Jewelries. The Emerald Brioche he gave to the Jeweler(my theory is that this Jeweler's daughter was Luna, and Elias erased her memories), the Ruby ring to Corey, the Sapphire Bracelets to Monty and Caroline(both of them gym leaders), and kept the Amethyst Pendant for himself and his wife. Also Nostra, the Jirachi, probably belonged to Anna's mother as well.

I wonder if Ciel/Samson really die or are just sent to the Void like everyone at the Glass Factory when the black hole was created.

Anna's dialogue changing so much is really interesting, it could indicate that the story in E19 might differ quite a bit depending on if you're on the Zekrom or Reshiram route and whether you defeated Solaris or not at Pyrous Mountain. It's almost like her panicked reaction foreshadows a bad ending.

35 minutes ago, Edo said:

I wonder if Ciel/Samson really die or are just sent to the Void like everyone at the Glass Factory when the black hole was created.

Anna's dialogue changing so much is really interesting, it could indicate that the story in E19 might differ quite a bit depending on if you're on the Zekrom or Reshiram route and whether you defeated Solaris or not at Pyrous Mountain. It's almost like her panicked reaction foreshadows a bad ending.

Seriously though, Reshiram route sucks, everything is so morbid. I should've stuck with Zekrom, the better of the 2 dragons.