Help for beating Noel - my team

JoJoDeath

Hey there!

Recently I restarted from scratch because I hadn't played in a while, and I'm currently up at Noel's gym battle. The problem is, I'm having quite a lot of trouble, and I'm a bit stuck.

His Porygon-Z is just wrecking my team on entry with his psychic/tri-attack, and I seem to be unable to keep up later on at what should be the harder part. Weirdly, using Zoroark disguised as Hariyama will not trigger Porygon to use Psychic, but sending in Hariyama himself will(which is, imo, quite weird and not how it should be, unless I am really getting unlucky all the time).

I have tried setting the field ablaze with Lava Plume, but although it helps Typhlosion, it doesn't help the rest of my team. Toxic Spikes and/or Stealth Rock also seem not very useful, so I've been kinda stuck.

All of my pokemon are around lvl 50 in my party of 6, and of the ones you see in the box, Meowstic, Vanilluxe and Seismitoad are also 50+, the rest are substitute pokemon or lower levels(40+), and I have a few others that are similar but less used.

What are some tips you can give me to help out in this battle?

Edit:

Turns out my Hariyama packs more of a punch then I expected! Just beat Porygon by Close Combat, and the rest was not too hard with Typhlosion's Flamethrower and Lava Plume on a scorched field.

Now my edited question will be this: What're some good tips to make my composition a bit better, any tips for pokemon to add to the team, or tips for builds on some of the ones I've presented here?

Reborn_18.2_team.png

Teach your Typhlosion Eruption, it learns it at level 1 as well so the move relearner can teach it. If you pair this with a Grass mon with Grassy terrain, like Roserade or Florges, it will be boosted even further, against grounded opponents at least.

• Upvote 1

You can get Alolan Golem by this point which is a huuuuuuge upgrade over its Kantonian counterpart, Double-Edge or even just Strength hit insanely hard with Galvanize and even Thunder Punch is fine if you want to keep Sturdy.

Alolan Golem also has the benefit of phasing out Ampharos, allowing you to pack more answers to Ground types which decimate your team. Conveniently, you have a Seismitoad in your rotation which serves that purpose and lets you keep your Ground type.

I'd recommend your full set look something like Stone Edge, your Electric STAB of choice (Strength/Facade/Double-Edge/Thunder Punch), and then any 2 of Counter, Explosion, Steamroller, Rock Blast, Rock Polish and Stealth Rock. I personally ran Stone Edge/Double-Edge/Rock Blast/Explosion on mine.