Lucario or Excadrill?

EpicFireStorm

As of right now, my team has been mostly well-rounded. The problem is my sixth member is usually a rotate, depending on who's the next gym leader. I'm thinking of Lucario or Excadrill (I also have a Metagross, but since I already have a Gardevoir, it would be rather redundant) for the sixth spot. My current team is compose of Crobat, Incineroar, Gardevoir, Electrivire, and Ludicolo.

I'd probably say Excadrill. 

You probably won't run sand due to the way your team is and the fact that you'd have to set it up if you want it, so that means using Mold Breaker, which is a pretty good ability as well. It has slightly better bulk than Lucario(way higher HP, but little bit lower defenses), and only a little less speed. STAB Earthquake is nice, and pretty spamable with Mold Breaker, and you have Iron Head+Rock Slide to back that up. That's good overall coverage. Not to mention it learns Swords Dance by level up, and since the TM itself isn't in the game yet, that's really good. 

Lucario is pretty good too. It also learns Swords Dance by level up, and it's pre-evolution Riolu learns Nasty Plot which is good because Lucario can attack from either a physical or a special side. Lucario gets a lot of good coverage moves such as the Elemental punches(aside from Fire Punch, but it gets Blaze Kick anyways), or priority moves such as Extreme Speed, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave. And that's where the good ends at the moment. Mega Lucario isn't in the game right now, so that's what you get. 

If you go with Lucario, I'd recommend EV training and going with a proper nature(Timid or Jolly) at the least. It isn't something that feels amazing without a little extra effort. 

Lucario needs more work put into it but has a LOT of good things going for it, the biggest of which is Swords Dance + Extreme Speed, a combo exclusive to Lucario (until we get legendaries that is) that tears through teams like melted butter. Excadrill needs Sand to get that sweeping potential, but with just Mold Breaker it's still an excellent 'mon that can outright carry certain fights.

I will say though: I wouldn't consider Metagross + Gardevoir "redundant," or at least it isn't really an issue. Incineroar eats Ghosts for breakfast and Metagross really doesn't need Psychic STAB; its set is literally just Meteor Mash + Imagination. Excadrill or Lucario are probably still superior choices, just some food for thought is all.