Shade...Y U SO ANNOYING TO BEAT!?

Mukkod

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shade was a bit tricky for me too. I had to use the evasion hacks, calm mind method that I've become quite fond of for this fight. Also Exploud has his dream world ability, so I could hit him hard with uproar.

I kinda did a good number on Shade's team when i got Houndoom+Flashfire. If you were able to get a good strategy, i was using Gigalith to smack down levitating pokemon on his team, assuming Sturdy is able to block Energy Ball on the first hit. Then i used Houndoom to put a heavy on them using Foul Play a lot.

I used Donphan to stop his Rotom from getting para hax while spamming rollout and against Chandlure to bulldoze the shit out of it (if it tanked energy ball). I actually had a super complex strategy involving Donphan, Sharpedo and Alakazam (yes Alakazam outspeeds a few of his ghosts).

Yo, you can catch a pretty decently leveled magnemite in shade's gym if you can past Chandelure if I remember correctly magneton or magnezone especially helps. A trick for this game is instead of simply looking to always hit for super effective look for what resists damage.

I think that made sense, good luck to you homie.

I only had a Gardevoir, Magnezone and Combusken (I think that's how it's spelled) when I battled Shade and I beat him on my first trying with no problems...

I think I might have weakened/KO'd like half of his team with Magnezone, then when he fainted switched to Gardevoir, used Calm Mind a few times, spammed Super Potions when need and then beat him...

I would suggest getting Magnezone definitely, and possibly Gardevoir too. But if you haven't gotten Ralts already it will take some time to train it but I still think it's worth the time invested. <:D

Good luck to anyone who is having trouble with him.

I just used my Magnazone and my Gryados as back up. The only threat I faced was his rotom and its damn confuse ray. In face most bosses are challenging solely because of confuse ray spam

That is very true. XD

Chandelure is one of the most fragile Glass Cannons in the game.

For the record, Chandelure may only have a base 60 hp stat(which is not THAT bad, but still pretty bad.....), but it's defense AND special defense are a base 90, which is the same as Swampert,who can can take a hell of a hit by the way. Also, unlike Swampert, Chandelure doesn't have a 4x weakness to anything. It's actually perfectly understandable for chandelure to survive a super-effective hit. I don't think any of my lvl 38-40 pokemon have been able to OH-KO Chandelure in any of my save files, with the exception of a lvl 39 Sharpedo (Jolly natured) using Crunch.

The first time I battled with him, he destroyed me... after that, I just got to think... how will I defeat this transparent asshole? ... and then, the idea came to my mind, the only logical way to me to defeat his team was to get a powerful Dark-type Poké. ...Or at least one with a strong Dark-type attack, that's when I remebered I had a Carvahna in my PC, so I decided to level him up to lv. 37 to get him Crunch, and of course to evolve him, after that, it took me like... 2 tries to finally defeat him. I guess it's just a matter of strategy and stuff. :T

But then I realized Sharpedo couldn't take hits so basically he was always getting destroyed in battles to easy and shit and it was annoying as fuck so to correct this I finally decided to buy that asshole fisherman his magikarp to get my super smexy ass breaker Gyarados to my team and change Sharp's place with him. No regrets.

Am i the only one who had more problems with his Duskclops than his Chandelure?

I had with his Rotom. Fuck you Confuse Ray! *ahem* You just need to make sure he's run out of Super Potions and you should be fine...

I'm actually at his gym now. I started a battle with him yesterday and was losing, luckily I had to leave and had a excuse to escape from the battle XD Right now im thinking of a strategy to fight him. This is the first leader who is challenging and its actually fun thinking about a way to destroy his team.

Are you saying that Florinia wasn't challenging? I admit, Julia, Corey and Shelly weren't really that hard but THAT MOTHERFUCKING CRADILY WRECKED MY TEAM SO HARD, SO MANY TIMES! I have never faced a gym battle that was so hard, not in the normal pokemon game or in hacks!

Are you saying that Florinia wasn't challenging? I admit, Julia, Corey and Shelly weren't really that hard but THAT MOTHERFUCKING CRADILY WRECKED MY TEAM SO HARD, SO MANY TIMES! I have never faced a gym battle that was so hard, not in the normal pokemon game or in hacks!

Didn't you have Scraggy?

Are battle items taboo?

Shade was tough until I got a chance to see what his pokemon could do. His Dusclops is a good chance to buff up with X-Sp Def since it is more of a tanker for when he eventually swaps to Chandeleur. I used Arkanine since it would be resistant to the Flame Burst and the X-sp made the Energy Balls and Shadow Balls tickle and gave me time for 2 Crunches.

I had more trouble with his Rotom! It was a slow process of burn, leech seed and digging to dodge his hexes.

Level 34 Spinda, level 34 Kirlia (I want a Gallade), Level 37 Swampert, Level 38 Luxray and Level 39 Vulpix. (No fire stone. </3)

I want to raise Spinda to level 38, but then I don't know minus try and try.

Chandelure though.....</3 Stupid energy ball. x.x

Level 34 Spinda, level 34 Kirlia (I want a Gallade), Level 37 Swampert, Level 38 Luxray and Level 39 Vulpix. (No fire stone. </3)

I want to raise Spinda to level 38, but then I don't know minus try and try.

Chandelure though.....</3 Stupid energy ball. x.x

Have you tried using Hypnosis and then switching into something with a strong dark type move or water for the chandelure.

Have you tried using Hypnosis and then switching into something with a strong dark type move or water for the chandelure.

Sadly no. :(

Got rid of Hypnosis, since most Pokemon woke up too quickly to make use of it and I hardly used it anymore. </3

I was going to raise a Zorua, and did activate the event in the Magma base, but when I went to where you should find Zorua posing as a Zangoose, it was an actual Zangoose, so I think something went wrong with the event. :(

My Vulpix has hex, my Luxray has bite, Marshtomp has mud bomb and water gun but gets a move in once if lucky, Spinda has a dark type move too. I have cotton candy 3 of them and even bluffed a "Marshompt" return, when really I revived Luxray...but still. He had so many hyper potions and Chandelure is so powerful. And Vulpix can't go on the field due to it;s ability. >.<

Sadly no. :(

Got rid of Hypnosis, since most Pokemon woke up too quickly to make use of it and I hardly used it anymore. </3

I was going to raise a Zorua, and did activate the event in the Magma base, but when I went to where you should find Zorua posing as a Zangoose, it was an actual Zangoose, so I think something went wrong with the event. :(

My Vulpix has hex, my Luxray has bite, Marshtomp has mud bomb and water gun but gets a move in once if lucky, Spinda has a dark type move too. I have cotton candy 3 of them and even bluffed a "Marshompt" return, when really I revived Luxray...but still. He had so many hyper potions and Chandelure is so powerful. And Vulpix can't go on the field due to it;s ability. >.<

hmm I thought the zorua was supposed to look like a murkrow? But I've never gone after my self I only saw a video of nickaboo do it.

err...as for shade try to level up your pokemon more :/

hmm I thought the zorua was supposed to look like a murkrow? But I've never gone after my self I only saw a video of nickaboo do it.

err...as for shade try to level up your pokemon more :/

I followed the video but something went wrong. :(

And I guess, Spinda is level 35 now.

But I can't go over 40 and I'm getting closer to that. xD