Who were your toughest Gym leaders?

Stiffins

• 1 month later...

Noel was easy, basically because of malfunction of Magic Guard at the very moment, I just toxic stalled it down.

Most struggle I had was with Aya and Florinia, mainly due to bad choices on team and on Aya especially I wasn't prepared for double battle. Before Florinia I kinda just brute forced and at last Aya made me really think of strategies instead of just running against wall like a headless chicken. Oh, Serra... well she was complicated I guess, mainly because Snow Cloak and Freeze haxes, but after I managed to train Magmar with sunny day it was quite a cake walk...

For me it was honestly Julia... Probably partially because I had the bright idea that I was going to level up my Magikarp in the fight with the electric gym leader, but yeah. The rest weren't very bad for me, personally. I had to retry once on Serra and Aya, but Julia took me like 3 tries...

Edit:

Scratch that, I forgot all about Shelly... That was terrible.... I retried so many times, but that Yanmega...

Although, to be fair, my game did glitch for that battle. I couldn't switch Pokemon after I KO'd one of hers at all, so that upped the difficulty. I ended up going back to get the Vulpix, training it to help, and then winning without even using it... <_<

Edited by Flux

This was how it went down for me:

Julia: Swept with Ralts thanks to Trubbish's Toxic Spikes.

Florinia: I beat 2 of her Pokemon with Tranquill, then when her 3rd Pokemon, Cradily, came out, had 3 stacks of Stockpile, Acid Spray, & Sludge destroyed Cradily & swept the rest of her team.

Corey: I actually found that Skuntank was the bigger threat on his team than Crobat, after his Skuntank & Trubbish were gone, swept with Drifblim thanks to Unburden & Charge Beam. I did get lucky with both Charge Beam & Ominous Wind.

Shelly: Boldore & Tranquill sweep, though I can't really remember exactly what happened in that fight.

Shade: Pretty tough & I barely won while Scraggy was 1 level away from evolving. Spiritomb's Dream Eater almost beat me though since Scraggy & Magnezone were asleep while hlf of my team was defeated, I won thanks to Trubbish yet again.

Kiki: Pretty easy fight thanks to Gardevoir.....& when a Medicham gets his ability taken away by Cofagirigus' mummy & Will-o-Wisp, I feel sorry for what I did to that Medicham.;-;

Aya: Won on my first try, but I forgot to bring my Magnezone......it all came down to my Garbodor in red HP & her Seviper also in red HP.....I loved that match.XD Possibly my favorite Gym Battle yet.

Serra: Though I did not have Drought Ninetails, I still swept her thanks to Garbodor's Sludge Wave while paired up with Magnezone.

Noel: My biggest, toughest challenge yet.>.> I thought I could sweep with Scrafty, but not only were there Swellow & Staraptor, but Hidden Power was Super Effective against Scrafty as well. Not only that, but most of his Pokemon were really tanky. Its a miracle that I even won.

Toughest Leader for me was Cradily. Not Florina, just Cradily, it carried her like nobodies business. I had to stall out its powerpoints cause it didn't wanna die.

The hardest GYM was that little brat Shelly's. I walked outside to heal after fighting the trainers, and then got hella lost in that puzzle. Mostly cause I didn't know you had to walk on the bookcases, I was convinced you had to go up to the top of the back wall for some reason...

I think Shelly was the hardest for my current team.

Her Yanmega could basicly destroy anything I had (Kadabra/Combusken/Gyarados/Crobat).

I forgot how I actually killed it..

But Noel and Serra were quite "easy" for my Team.

Gyarados with Raindance+Magnezone Took care of Serra.

Gyarados intimidating Chincinno and then switching to Magnezone to Kill her when he could.

Same thing happened to Swellow. Gyarados also took care of Starraptor.

Lay down toxic Spikes with Drapion vs Giraf. Then proceed to kill Cleff @ +1 Bulk up+1 Speed Blaziken HJK.

Serra was the only one who frustrated me because I didn't know you could backtrack through the forest, and I left my Vulpix in the Day-care. Eventially beat her after grinding up for a decently levelled Magcargo, who did just enough damage to force Serra to switch or use a Potion. That let me set-up on Blaziken and later on Gyarados for the win.

Ok this is awkward..Umm, i didnt have problems with any of the leaders.. :blink:

Julia(straight forward except for Sonicboom and Explosion)

Florinia (Easy as hell once you catch a scraggy and have a golbat)

Corey( Gardevoir>Everything..except crobat, that was a team effort)

Shelly (KILL EVERYTHING WITH FIRE)

Shade (wow hes creepy but straight forward..)

Kiki (Brave Bird EVERYTHING)

Aya (Lost to her once cause of crit hax. Got mad, then raised my pickup team to lvl 41, farmed rare candies n stuff then got a Flygon with Earthquake and it was game over. Fuck you Aya.)

Serra (Drought + Lava Plume...nuff said.)

Noel (Easiest Gym Ever. Kill the birds with lightning, High Jump Kick everything else.)

Edited by James

• 1 month later...

Serra. I got it down to her last pokemon and my last two pokemon. That Walrein keep spamming it stockpiles and it's hard with its ability ice body with hail and leftover. The next thing you know, she ko my last two. After that I got piss off and stop playing it. After a few days, I played it again and I beat her.

Will.of.the.Abyss.240.240332.jpg It wasn't easy. . .

Edited by Pokemon Princess

It maybe a bit unfair since this my 3rd run through of the game(reset once cause i was an utter nub at pokemon and my team sucked.2nd time game glitched and i had to restart)

Julia - Not too bad,had to try 3 times to get the right team strat.

Florinia- had major trouble with her on my first and 2nd run through, but i easily bet her with my combo of golbat/crobat and monferno in the 3rd run

corey - beat him on first try on my 1st and 3rd run and beat him on my 2nd try on my 2nd run

shelly- no match against my monferno and crobat(seriously acrobatics trumps all)

shade- lost first time cause my pokemon were injured and i had my team all mixed up since i was training some pokemon i recently caught, but beat him when i had my right team

kiki- Couldn't withstand the acrobatics onslaught along with my gardevoir and close combat from infernape

Team meteor leader guy thing(forgot his name)- (i know he isnt a leader but i wanna brag :P) took a few tries to get the setup going but he lost against my quick claw sleep powder jumpluff and ditto combo(T_T only got 310 exp from it)

aya- Beat her just earlier but she was a pain with them crit hax and that gengar and drapion. Eventually got everything right and she couldn't with stand the sleep onslaught along with my gardevoir,ditto,and golbat(infernape also had a minor role)

Edit:Serra - Took me a good 3-5 tries but otherwise not bad. Took down her abomasnow with my infernape and then used hypnosis on the glaceon. I then proceed to pwn the team with my gardevoir and infernape, They died right before they were about to kill the glaceon and i finished it with my 2 new additions armaldo and omastar

Edit later in the day: Noel: Beat him first try while only losing 2 pokemon in the process :). he was quite easy with the team i had set up

Edited by Dragonos

I had trouble with everyone but Julia, but the worst ones were Florinia and Serra. The only reason that Serra is hard is because half of her team has Snow Cloak and Blizzard is 100% accuracy. She gets a guaranteed hit with one of the best moves in the game (when hail is up at least) and you get non-guaranteed hit with attacks that are 100 base accuracy. It's stupid how hard Snow Cloak makes it. Florinia was only hard because of all the Leech Seed spam. Her Carnivine and Cradily gave me troubles, but everything else was pretty simple. I'm not even gonna question why the hell she's got a Foongus.

Shade was pretty tough for me, I had to get some emergency grinding done to get an edge (I was pretty underlevelled).

Serra was the absolute hardest for me. It took me around 30 tries to beat her... ugh bad memories that. Snow cloak was a nightmare and I was pretty mad when 100 acc moves started to miss. Its funny since I almost beat her on my first non-serious go but her last mon, a red hp glaceon scored a critical hit on my green hp alakazam. Also frost breath and blizzard were powerful moves spammed constantly. The guaranteed crit on the former was brutal while the 100% acc on the latter was pure pain. The key to beating her was breaking the hail affect. Drought's the best but rain dance works well enough.

Aya was my favourite, took a few goes but then we were both down to our last mons. Her fully minimised muk and my 2 calm minded kadabra, it was a tense game, me missing repeatedly but knowing one hit would kill and praying for no crits.

I vaguely remember flobot being somewhat difficult. I breezed past noel somehow.

Edited by mdman1

Serra was the hardest for me. I couldn't even beat her until after episode 10 came out so Gyarados could gain massive ATK from moxie. Even then it took mulitple re-tries.

Julia, Florina, and Aya were pretty hard too, although having a water starter probably greatly contributed to the first two.

dat Corey tho, Trubbish throws in some toxic spikes(like meh) though i was winning then BAM! Crobat steps in out speeding my pokemon and venoshocking the hell out of them. force to train a geodude to get past this.

Serra was manageable once i brought my Vulpix with drought in. My Charizard(solar powered) and Scrafty(moxie) handled Serra pretty well. :)

As for Noel same difficulty as Serra, A sturdy Magneton, Luxray and Scrafty got my back on this one.

up to this point it was Aya

caught me completely off guard when they said a two on two battle

tried to rely on my Psychology (Mr.mime), emolga, emboar and kingler to see me through, but dat Drapion, not to mention seviper's and nidoqueen's sludge wave attack. :blink:

eventually managed to lock on to her pattern and realized that i need send out emolga towards the end to use lightscreen, then send in emboar to do the clean up when it goes down.

of all the gym's i spent the longest amount of time strategizing on that one

None of the gym battles gave me too much trouble, but Radomus was probably the worst. The only Pokemon I had for Psychic-types was Scrafty, and of course, basically all of them had some sort of Fighting-type move to wreck him.

And, I know absolutely nothing about chess; so it took me a good 2 hours to finally finish the gym puzzles.