Who were your toughest Gym leaders?

Stiffins

Mine were probably Florinia/Serra. Aside from haxing a powerful staraptor lvl 24? Cradily into her team, Florinia was pretty easy. That thing was a total nightmare x.x I haven't tried her in E09 though, is she much easier?

Serra just spammed Blizzards in my face all day and only my Magnezone could resist it, even then it was usually 2hkos after hail. I ended up keeping Abomasnow alive as he would occassionally do grass hammers on my Mag while my Char/Scraft proceeded to roll everything down slowly as almost everything outsped them. xD

For me it was Cory, his crobat was an absolute nightmare for me it outsped everything on my team and most of the pokemon that could take a hit (trubbish) couldn't hit it very hard. Heck, I could take on the rest of his pokes without losing anyone and his crobat would sweep all 6 of them. In the end I had to train up a graveller and boldore to deal with him.

For me it was Serra because I would have so much bad luck with freeze hax and missing.

I had to get the Vulpix for the Drought so I could actually hit her Pokemon and make Blizzard miss.

I destroyed Florinia actually because I had a Charmeleon with Dragon Rage and Golbat which made Cradily really easy to defeat.

Pffft. Corey was easy. You just need an Arbok with Stockpile and Glare and it's game.

No, the leaders what gave me trouble were Kiki and Noel.

Noel... That fucking Swellow... Thank god I had my Macargo up to level 50 when I finally beat him @.@

Before episode 9? Probably Serra. Aside from me trying to raise a level 5 Eevee to an Umbreon which handicapped me, her Blizzards were doing nasty work on my team. Luckily Blaziken and magnezone helped carry me throughout the battle (Eevee didn't get K.O'd) it was seriously tough being cautious.

Now post-release of episode 9? Well Shade pretty much wrecked my new playthrough. Mainly because my only dark type was a Sharpedo, and it couldn't take a single shadow ball (then again it is naughty speed boost)

Why does everyone think Flobot was difficult? I swept that noob first try, with absolutely no problems... In fact, all of the leaders so far have been fairly easy to me. The only thing that I've found difficult about the battles in Reborn is when a Pokemon or two of mine is over that god forsaken level cap (it needs to be raised more per badge, just saying) and won't listen to me... But that's about it. <:/

The most difficult one for me was the ice type leader (not so good with the names of minor characters, I don't remember it). But even with her I only had to try twice because the first time I under estimated her...

Why does everyone think Flobot was difficult? I swept that noob first try, with absolutely no problems... In fact, all of the leaders so far have been fairly easy to me. The only thing that I've found difficult about the battles in Reborn is when a Pokemon or two of mine is over that god forsaken level cap (it needs to be raised more per badge, just saying) and won't listen to me... But that's about it. <:/

The most difficult one for me was the ice type leader (not so good with the names of minor characters, I don't remember it). But even with her I only had to try twice because the first time I under estimated her...

0d79b6aa91f16f8696628097342d27d3.gif

Toughest Gym Leader for me by far was Noel. I was able to find a pattern in his team and adjust accordingly, but his Clefable's defenses far outclassed the strength of my hyper offensive team. Because I wasn't prepared, I literally had to PP stall him with a combination of Butterfree's Sleep Powder and Honchkrow's Haze + Brave Bird + Foul Play. He began predicting me after a while (I would switch in Butterfree as he buffed his Defenses, put him to sleep, then switch back to Honchkrow and use Haze to reset the stats, then Brave Bird [after he began PP stalling my Brave Bird, I had to switch to Foul Play]), and hit my Butterfree with a Psychic. It lived a critical hit, but by then, he ran out of Cosmic Power and Softboiled, and was forced to waste his Psychic PP on Honchkrow, as I outpredicted him and did not send Butterfree in for the rest of the match, and his HP Fighting did neutral damage, which I easily Roosted off. Once he began to use Struggle, then I just kept hitting him with Foul Play. But yeah. It was a 20 minute stall fest.

Second toughest Gym Leader was Serra. I had to reset 7 times and figure out my attack pattern (her Mamoswine wrecks my entire team). Once I figured that I could OHKO the Abomasnow then aim for it again with Scrafty's Scary Face (Magmar is faster than Scrafty), Mamoswine would've gotten hit with the Scary Face, then Scrafty and Magmar could outspeed and double team the Mamoswine. After that, it was a bit of a challenge, as I continued to reset for my exact attack structure (didn't want to lose my money in spite of my in battle level ups).

Florinia wasn't bad the first run I did. The second one... oh boy... Grotle got overleveled mid battle at +3 curse boosts while the Cradily had just come out. He proceeded to ignore me and he was pretty much the only thing alive to kill that Cradily.

Honestly this question is so relative to each individual because it really depends on the Pokemon you decide to use. If you just go with the "mainstream" strong pokemon you'll always have a pretty easy time defeating the gyms, although it also depends if you're willing to train Pokemon that have type-advantages.

All in all, you yourself decide how tough each gym battle is: you can decide to make it super easy, or super hard.

Honestly this question is so relative to each individual because it really depends on the Pokemon you decide to use. If you just go with the "mainstream" strong pokemon you'll always have a pretty easy time defeating the gyms, although it also depends if you're willing to train Pokemon that have type-advantages.

All in all, you yourself decide how tough each gym battle is: you can decide to make it super easy, or super hard.

what_hipster_pikachu_thinks_by_rowlingfa

It was close between Aya and Flobot. Aya gave me a hell of a fucking fight and it took me awhile to beat her, but I managed. Flobot definitely took longer and I still have my lvl 23 Kricktune in my "Valuables" Box in the Pc just because of how much it helped me back before my team was developed. After finishing my team that I wanted to stick with and fighting Noel it was a pretty easy fight. My Zebstrika outspeeded his Swellow thank god, if it hadn't I don't know if I would have won.

I think some leaders are generally more difficult than others. Even with my dragon rage charmeleon and scraggy i found Florinia to be quite hard. :s I guess thats why so many people ended up with a crobat? Drought Ninetails counters Serra pretty hard but without that i think it's quite a difficult battle compared to a few others.