[WIP] EV Training Spots

Woobowiz

While I wait for Episode 10, I'm going to compile an EV Training guide

Quality of Life Advice

When EV Training, why not use Khayoz's money making method as you train?

If you want, you can also use an online Tally Counter to keep track of things, especially when you start out fresh

http://flappity.com/online-tally-counter/

FORMAT and ORDER
Stat that's listed first in each row is emphasized the most

Level Range

"Benefits" are for people that don't wanna waste their time finding out what to expect; the type listed are the types that would have the easiest time there when EV training low leveled pokemon

NOTE - Disregard does NOT mean to runaway from those pokemon, for example the Speed Only training spot says to disregard Stunky, I'm referring to Psychic types benefit from training in this area with the one exception of Stunky's secondary Dark typing

Location!

Attack + HP + Speed (Trubbish are kinda rare, so don't expect too much speed)

Level 2-4

Benefits : All

436IS.png

Speed ONLY (Credits to Khayoz)

Level 3-5 (Stay on this side of the map, if you move past the large fissure mark, you'll run into 30+ pokemon, that's not what we're looking for)

Benefits : Rock/Psychic (Disregard Stunky)

43bSp.png

Speed ONLY AGAIN

Level 30~ (Credits to Khayoz)

Benefits : Electric (Nothing but Wingull)

45nEs.png

Speed + Attack

Level 4-10

Benefits : Bug/Fighting (Disregarding Trubbish)

436HI.png

Attack ONLY (Avoid Pidgeys and Spearows that give Speed EV and Venonats that give Sp.Def)

Level 15~ CREDITS TO Aizen805

Benefits : Flying/Rock (Disregarding Bellsprouts)

43hK1.png

Attack + Defense + HP (Phanpy and Geodude kinda rare, don't expect too much HP and Defense)

Level 20~ (Alternative for Rooftop garden, Attack EV pokemon are Ekans and Doduo)

Benefits : Water

437dT.png

Defense + Attack

Levels 16-18

Benefits : Flying/Rock/Psychic

437JD.png

Attack + Speed + Defense (Pretty Balanced)

Levels 30~ (Sandshrew are Defense if you're not interested in it)

Benefits : Water/Grass/Ground (Disregarding Zubats)

438xC.png

Attack + Special Attack (Pure Unknowns, each gives 1 ATK 1 SP.ATK)

Levels 28-40

Benefits : Dark/Bug/Ghost

438Rm.png

HP + Special Attack (Avoid Shelmets, they give Defense EV)

Level 32~ (Glooms provide +2 Sp.Atk EVs!)

Benefits : Psychic NOTE : Daytime here is 90% HP EV training, don't expect many Glooms

439G0.png

HP ONLY (Fishing with Good Rod)

Level 24~ (Credits to WhiteyMcFly)

Benefits : Electric

4e8gR.png

Defense ONLY (ROCK SMASH REQUIRED)

Level 35~ (Magcargos give 2 Defense EVs, rocksmash the pillars for purely Magcargos)

Benefits : Fighting/Ground/Water

439Te.png

Defense + Speed (If it's a rock, defense, if it flies, speed, if neither, most likely Special Attack)

Level 32~ (Credits to Aizen805)

Benefits : ALL

43i7t.png

Special Attack ONLY (Kill Slugmas and Numels ONLY)

Level 33~ Credits to Aizen805 Better alternative to Azurine Island if you don't want HP

Benefits : Water/Ground

43pBJ.png

Attack + Special Defense (BEEDRILLS ONLY, +2 Atk +1 Sp.Def)

Level 18~ (Carnivines also give +2 Atk)

Benefits : Rock/Flying/Fire

TIP : If you want to just get Sp.Def (this is about the rarest EV in the game), grind out the 252 Sp.Def points and then cancel out the 255 Atk EVs you gained through 26 Kelpsy Berries (This will cost 31200, but by that time, Khayon's money making should yield roughly 4-6 Rare Candies depending on your luck).

43Iu1.png

Edited by Woobowiz

Actually you'll find the Railnet (opal side, before rock smash) is pretty good for speed as well, because every wild encounter is a pokemon with Speed EVs (Zubat, Stunky, Woobat)

Actually you'll find the Railnet (opal side, before rock smash) is pretty good for speed as well, because every wild encounter is a pokemon with Speed EVs (Zubat, Stunky, Woobat)

Thanks for the head's up, I'll squeeze that in as soon as I finish exploring Byxbysion

I'd like to take a moment of silence for all the Unown and Magcargo that have died for grinding trainers' causes.

May they rest in pieces.

Unown are great for EV Training. Just keep killin em, then buy EV reducing berries for the type of attack stat you don't want. Nice and cheap.

I guess I should include some of the places I Ev trained my pokemon too. These were the best places I found that aren't up there.

Rooftop Garden: (Where you catch Starly.)

Literally every pokemon here gives attack or speed aside from Venonat which are fairly rare. You can also find Kricktune which give 2 attack ev's occasionally. Very decent spot for attack.

Pyrous Mountain: (Right by the Magcargo rocks.)

Numel and Slugma both give 1 sp. attack ev's and are pretty common. This was the fastest place I found for sp. attack without relying on glooms low encounter rate in other places.

Apophyll Cave: (Above Pyrous Mountain.)

Again literally everything gives def ev's here aside from a few and Graveler even give 2 and are fairly common.

The Garden: (Tiny garden in the Lower Peridot Ward.)

Sadly.. This is the fastest way i've found to train sp. def. It's very slow and tedious and only Ledyba give the sp. def stats. They only appear from 7am-12pm along with cherubi which can be used to train sp. attack while there if necessary. It's this or duskull, which is even slower.

Edited by Aizen805

I'd like to take a moment of silence for all the Unown and Magcargo that have died for grinding trainers' causes.

May they rest in pieces.

When you think about it Ame, it's you're fault for putting weaker pokemon at a high level for good exp :P

I guess I should include some of the places I Ev trained my pokemon too. These were the best places I found that aren't up there.

Rooftop Garden: (Where you catch Starly.)

Literally every pokemon here gives attack or speed aside from Venonat which are fairly rare. You can also find Kricktune which give 2 attack ev's occasionally. Very decent spot for attack.

Pyrous Mountain: (Right by the Magcargo rocks.)

Numel and Slugma both give 1 sp. attack ev's and are pretty common. This was the fastest place I found for sp. attack without relying on glooms low encounter rate in other places.

Apophyll Cave: (Above Pyrous Mountain.)

Again literally everything gives def ev's here aside from a few and Graveler even give 2 and are fairly common.

Sadly.. This is the fastest way i've found to train sp. def. It's very slow and tedious and only Ledyba give the sp. def stats. They only appear from 7am-12pm along with cherubi which can be used to train sp. attack while there if necessary. It's this or duskull, which is even slower.

Much obliged, I was considering Apophyll Cave if it weren't for the occasional Zubat and Golbat, but I suppose I can reconsider.

Will add that as soon as I make my way back to the island.

Rooftop Garden is something I might take a look at as well (I'm currently grinding the grass at Beryl Ward for Ekans and Doduos for my Attack EV's)

Some fishing spots :

Attack EV: fish with the Old Rod in the Secret Cove for Goldeen&Seaking

Speed EV: fish with the Old Rod in the Secret Cove for Basculin/Luvdisc, flee Mantyke.

Atk+Speed : Fish with the Old Rod in the Peridot Ward pool (finneon goldeen)

In the Secret Cove i found it interesting to grind during the day for Atk/Speed, but i have to flee from Oddish/Gloom/Poliwag, so i'll try the rooftop. =p

Didn't find any other places for SpAtk, but i do prefer Pyrous Mountain or Azurine Island during the night.

Some fishing spots :

Attack EV: fish with the Old Rod in the Secret Cove for Goldeen&Seaking

Speed EV: fish with the Old Rod in the Secret Cove for Basculin/Luvdisc, flee Mantyke.

Atk+Speed : Fish with the Old Rod in the Peridot Ward pool (finneon goldeen)

In the Secret Cove i found it interesting to grind during the day for Atk/Speed, but i have to flee from Oddish/Gloom/Poliwag, so i'll try the rooftop. =p

Didn't find any other places for SpAtk, but i do prefer Pyrous Mountain or Azurine Island during the night.

I was considering Fishing as an option, but I figured having to manually fish instead of walking back and forth would be a bit more tedious.

But I will add it later on because I need something that will benefit electric types I suppose.

For your convenience and contribution, I provided a slightly less tedious, but more expensive Sp.Def method at the very bottom.

I haven't grinded in Jasper Ward often, but when I played through, I've run into a reasonable amount of Beedrills, it'd help if you can confirm how common they are.

Oh yeah, another place for Speed EV Training would be Apophyll Beach, since there's only Wingulls there :P

The Power plant wings are also good for Def (Yamask, Kling) and Sp. Atk (Magnemite)

Another Def + Speed place would be the Railnet (i.e. the map before Chrysolia)

For higher leveled Def (And maybe Speed & Attack) you could try Tanzan Depths.

Edited by Khayoz

Oh yeah, another place for Speed EV Training would be Apophyll Beach, since there's only Wingulls there :P

The Power plant wings are also good for Def (Yamask, Kling) and Sp. Atk (Magnemite)

Another Def + Speed place would be the Railnet (i.e. the map before Chrysolia)

For higher leveled Def (And maybe Speed & Attack) you could try Tanzan Depths.

I will definitely add Apophyll Beach soon,

I may consider the power plant (because its encounter rate in the wings really doesn't do me good, maybe it's my luck).

Railnet may also be considered because of its level range and type benefit (pending)

Tanzan Depths will definitely be added soon because of its level range.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to EV Train in HP, the hidden spring in the forest has a body of water in it. With a good rod, you can fish for Barboach, which provide 1 HP EV each.

Will definitely add that in the future,

currently the only (and best) HP training spot is on Azurine Island, but the spot you recommended is PERFECT as well because people that would like to EV train Electric-Type pokemon in HP would benefit as well.

Will definitely add that in the future,

currently the only (and best) HP training spot is on Azurine Island, but the spot you recommended is PERFECT as well because people that would like to EV train Electric-Type pokemon in HP would benefit as well.

But Barboach is a ground type :o

Is there any way to reset EVs by using the berries? Well, I EV train my Pokemon but in a very, very odd way 0-0

From the start of the game I always see what Pokemon trainers have before switching into something. Since you have to fight Victoria's Tepig at the start I have 6 EVs on HP on my mixed Infernape, and I've split the rest in Speed, Attack and Special Attack Randomly. Because I couldn't beat Florinia I was forced to put some Sp.Def EVS in Scrafty (I was planning something else, without SP.Def). I usually get Exploud or Emolga to soak up the EVs I don't need. I don't want to fight Aya with my team cause it will ruin my EVs......

I want to know what EVs my Pokemon have, too. Hopefully Ame will add the berries and the Ev checkers and stuff

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Is there any way to reset EVs by using the berries? Well, I EV train my Pokemon but in a very, very odd way 0-0

From the start of the game I always see what Pokemon trainers have before switching into something. Since you have to fight Victoria's Tepig at the start I have 6 EVs on HP on my mixed Infernape, and I've split the rest in Speed, Attack and Special Attack Randomly. Because I couldn't beat Florinia I was forced to put some Sp.Def EVS in Scrafty (I was planning something else, without SP.Def). I usually get Exploud or Emolga to soak up the EVs I don't need. I don't want to fight Aya with my team cause it will ruin my EVs......

I want to know what EVs my Pokemon have, too. Hopefully Ame will add the berries and the Ev checkers and stuff

EV lowering berries are available in the derpartment store, though you need a certain number of stickers to reach that level (i think 4?)

Edited by Khayoz

EV lowering berries are available in the derpartment store, though you need a certain number of stickers to reach that level (i think 4?)

YES.

BRB Imma go find the 4 stickers, my 4000000 cash can finally be used for something.

The secret garden in Lower Peridot ward is pretty good for HP and is fast and quick on account of the low levels of the Pokemon you'll be fighting.

You have Bidoof, Caterpie, and Wurmple there, all giving +1 HP

Occassionally you'll come across a Rattata which gives +1 Spd, but you come across the Bidoof and Caterpie more often

And the very rare Budew and Cherubi who gives +1 SP.Atk

I really like ev training in Tanzan Cove if anyone happens to be that far in the game. Most pokemon will be around mid 30s to mid 40s.

There are Ledian that give 2 Sp. Def EVs in the morning. I believe the chances of finding them are the same as Ledyba, but I haven't tried searching for Ledyba yet.

Throughout the whole day, there are Gloom and Oddish for Sp. Atk EVs (+2 and +1 respectively).

For mixed attackers, there are Bellsprout giving +1 Atk. and +1 Sp. Atk.

Weepingbell gives +2 Atk.

Finally, there are Goldeen and Seaking for the +1 and +2 Atk respectively if you fish with the Old Rod; Basculin and Luvdisc for +2 and +1 Spd respectively with the Good Rod.

Edited by DarkLight